Have some problem upgrading F12E

More
02 Nov 2015 05:25 #39463 by james199
Have some problem upgrading F12E was created by james199
I have tried 6 times and 6 times my F12e will not do the second part. I can get the file to load but when I try and do a the format the radio will not turn on and all I get is a quick red light flash at the power button then Nothing ? the radio is just off ? I had to reinstall the factory software to get it to come back on. Please help with this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2015 15:58 #39505 by teddy04
Replied by teddy04 on topic Have some problem upgrading F12E

james199 wrote: I have tried 6 times and 6 times my F12e will not do the second part. I can get the file to load but when I try and do a the format the radio will not turn on and all I get is a quick red light flash at the power button then Nothing ? the radio is just off ? I had to reinstall the factory software to get it to come back on. Please help with this

Hey,

which version you have used and do you have installed with the Java 0.8.0 program?

My F12E working fine and have some dsm2 receivers on work.

Regards

Micha

More
08 Nov 2015 19:43 #39751 by james199
Replied by james199 on topic Have some problem upgrading F12E
I down loaded the java 0.8.0 and I got it to come up but it doesn't see my transmitter like the defuse one what am I doing wrong ? I really need this transmitter for some upcoming work. I watched the how to video but that's for all other radios and not the f12e. PLEASE HELP

More
09 Nov 2015 07:07 #39765 by teddy04
Replied by teddy04 on topic Have some problem upgrading F12E
Hey,

Do you have installed the right drivers for the transmitter?

Does the computer recognize the transmitter in the device panel?

Micha

More
10 Nov 2015 04:33 #39800 by james199
Yes I have the driver installed as the stock DFU see's my transmitter but when I use the DFU from here ( 8 ) my transmitter isn't seen.

More
10 Nov 2015 07:57 #39809 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Have some problem upgrading F12E
The dfu shouldn't change that at all. Makes me think that you're missing a step somewhere.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
11 Nov 2015 01:57 #39889 by james199
when I did the dfu 468 and I got to the reformat hard drive it just stayed there and I couldent get out for that screen or anything I went back to the stock dfu file . now that my radio is working except now the dfu will not upgrade the quad dfu files and it tells me the target is not available ? its as if the hard drive is gone or ithe computer isn't seeing it. I have watched the how to video and I have read everything on this form and still I cant seem to make it work.. the dfu loader from this site doesn't see my radio I can go to the computer control panel and see the DFU but that's as far as I can go. Please Help.

More
11 Nov 2015 02:27 #39894 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Have some problem upgrading F12E
Getting the right DFU connection can be challenging. I find my Windows 10 Home device uses different drivers for different USB ports, so if I'm using the Walkera DeFuse tool, I need to use one particular port. Have you reviewed this in Windows Device Manager? If it's not working right, there are a few of us who may be able to help if you can give us clear information. We need to know the Defuse version, the drive in Device manager, etc

In my machine this diagram shows what works (sorry, I can't seem to upload pictures):
drive.google.com/open?id=0B69zZpwkFRXIaXhCVktwaDNNMjQ

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
11 Nov 2015 04:30 - 11 Nov 2015 04:31 #39911 by james199
My computer is running windows 7. I can use the Walkera Defuse tool and I can load the stock 15a DFU file but the radio will not load the radio/quad bin files when I try I get a red line in the bottom that says UNABLE TO FIND DATA FOR THAT DEVICE/TARGET FROM THE FILE...
But I see on the bottom of the Dfuse USB upgrade tool it shows my radio. when I open up my computer/device manager I see STM32 DFU in Unspecified, STM Device in DFU Mode Universal Seral port , Location Port_#0003.Hub_#0003, Device Sataus: this device is working properly, Driver Details C:\windows\System32\STTub30.sys..I hope this helps.. I also took a screen shot but I am unable to paste it here.
My Radio is a F12E
Last edit: 11 Nov 2015 04:31 by james199. Reason: added what radio i have

More
11 Nov 2015 12:23 #39931 by Deal57
Moderator: We need to move this to a new topic, as this isn't really part of the tutorial. How do we do that?

More
11 Nov 2015 18:13 #39943 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Have some problem upgrading F12E
Done

More
11 Nov 2015 19:57 #39951 by Deal57
FDR: Thank you!

James199: It seems to me that if DfuSe is seeing the TX to upgrade the DFU, then it also should be able to upgrade your config and library files. Are you upgrading with a known-good set of files? Did the library files upgrade correctly? (I apologize if I get this wrong, but I'm using "Upgrade" to mean move a file from the PC to the TX, and "Upload" to move a file from the TX to the PC).

I seems to me your setup is device manager information is similar to mine when using the Devention DfuSe program. STTub30.sys is the driver used by Walkera. That should be working to allow you to run native Walkera Devention.

For loading Deviation on the F12E you need to use the Deviation Uploader and it needs to see the WinUSB driver. In my Windows 10 box I can't get that installed easily... the DFU USBDRV Installer 1.1 seems to install the WinUSB driver, but it never "stays"; the STTub30.sys is what ends up there unless I fix the driver manually. Note I try to always plug into the same USB port every time I need to do this, and use a DIFFERENT USB port for the Walkera approach, if possible.

I have been successful fixing the driver so that I can run the Deviation Uploader by following these steps in Windows 10 (it should be the same in most versions, be sure you have admin rights):
1. Plug in the USB, hold down the EXT button and power on the TX
2. Wait for the driver sound to say it's installed. Device manager should show the "STM Device in DFU Mode".
3. In Device Manager, right click on that STM device and select "Properties"
4. go to the Driver tab and click on "Update Driver"
5. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
6. Select "Let me pick from a list"
7. Choose the first "STM DFU (WinUSB)" driver you see on the list. When that finishes you should see the "STM32 DFU" device in device manager under "Universal Serial Bus Devices".

If you get to this point, you should be able to run the Deviation Uploader and see the TX. Let me know if that's not what you get.

More
12 Nov 2015 03:30 #39961 by james199
Thank you so much for your help I'll try it when I get back home in a few days .
I also want to apologize for messing up this thread. I just needed some help

More
12 Nov 2015 03:37 #39962 by Deal57
No apology needed... We all want to make sure you get up and running one way or another. Let us know how it goes.

More
09 Nov 2016 12:59 #55819 by Agentstyles
Replied by Agentstyles on topic Have some problem upgrading F12E
I am also having trouble uploading models to my f12E

Devention Dfuse usb upgrade tool says

Unable to find data for that device/target from the file ...

Attachments:

More
25 Dec 2016 20:33 #57234 by mcfrob
Replied by mcfrob on topic Have some problem upgrading F12E
HI,

i am having the exact same issue when attempting to upgrade following the firmware update.....

were you able to resolve the problem or please can anyone help? its the x350 pro data im having trouble with

More
09 Feb 2017 08:18 - 09 Feb 2017 20:33 #58963 by RubenRC
Replied by RubenRC on topic Have some problem upgrading F12E
Hey everyone. I figured my issue out. So you have to use buildfs to extract the directories. Then add your .ini files to the models folder. Then use the buildfs.exe to recreate the devo.fs file with your new .ini the hookup your f12e hold the ENT button and power on. The F12E will be in USB mode. Delete the devo.fs file there. ***Make a backup just in case!! Then move your newly created devo.fs file to your USB drive. Reboot and you should have your models now. Good luck

Mavic Pro | ARFun 95 | KingKon Tiny7 | Beeductrix | Inductrix FPV | Nano QX2
DEVO F12E | Devo F7
Last edit: 09 Feb 2017 20:33 by RubenRC.

• SeekerOfYaw
  • FPV The Planet !!!
More
20 Feb 2017 01:46 #59347 by SeekerOfYaw
Replied by SeekerOfYaw on topic Have some problem upgrading F12E
Not sure if this is proper thread BUT... F-Series Tx... so I deviated my F12E & installed 4-in-1...only about 60KB of Flash Memory in these...Too small for the traditional FAT file system used by Deviation for other Walkera transmitters. Instead a custom "Nightly" file system was designed for these cases called 'devo.fs'...A '4MB Ultimate Memory' upgrade is in the works BUT in the meantime I need to get Airborne...To enable the 4in1 Radios and Install Models a tool 'buildfs.exe' was created...Using CommandPrompt, 'buildfs.exe' will allow proper commands to extract the devo.fs from the Tx to a Pre-Created Desktop Folder...The extracted file can now be manipulated in Notepad++ to enable my 4in1 & added models and Overwritten back into Tx devo.fs file...
The commands I am trying to use:
C:\Users\JASON\Desktop\DEVIATION\buildfs.exe --fs H:\devo.fs --dir C:\Users\JASON\Desktop\DEVIATION\fsPC -x (Extract Tx devo.fs to fsPC Folder for Note++ MOD)

C:\Users\JASON\Desktop\DEVIATION\buildfs.exe --fs H:\devo.fs --dir C:\Users\JASON\Desktop\DEVIATION\fsTx -c (Flash/Copy/Overwrite Modded devo.fs from fsTx Folder to Tx)

The top extraction/destination command gives no error in CommantPrompt BUT the destination Folder remains Empty??? Anyone know what I am doing wrong??????
Attachments:

More
20 Feb 2017 02:00 #59348 by RubenRC
Replied by RubenRC on topic Have some problem upgrading F12E
You run commands are incorrect. I'm out having some beers. I'll update you in a while what you need in the command line to rebuild.

Mavic Pro | ARFun 95 | KingKon Tiny7 | Beeductrix | Inductrix FPV | Nano QX2
DEVO F12E | Devo F7

• SeekerOfYaw
  • FPV The Planet !!!
More
20 Feb 2017 04:01 #59352 by SeekerOfYaw
Replied by SeekerOfYaw on topic Have some problem upgrading F12E
:D Cheers & Salud RubenRC :D

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds