Conflict with Devo7e and Magic Mouse osX 10.12

More
11 Sep 2016 01:07 - 12 Sep 2016 21:53 #53777 by busterkat
I have been running my Devo 7e with v5.0.0-b289612 via USB successfully on my iMac and latest version of Yosemite to use Freerider and Liftoff.

Just installed Sierra GM 10.12 and when I turn on the Devo the mouse and trackpad act crazy. The right click menu opens and the cursor drops to the bottom of the screen. The tx still works fine with Freerider and Liftoff when this happens but the mouse is unusable.

Yes I know Sierra is beta and Deviation is experimental but I thought someone here should know about this.
Last edit: 12 Sep 2016 21:53 by busterkat. Reason: changed Sierra beta to Sierra GM (Gold Master)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2016 22:43 #53826 by busterkat
Replied by busterkat on topic Conflict with Devo7e and Magic Mouse osX 10.12
No comment?

More
13 Sep 2016 03:44 - 13 Sep 2016 03:56 #53831 by Arnold
Anything is possible, but I think it's a stretch too far to relate a USB connected Devo to a Blue Tooth connected mouse. There is no Blue Tooth functionality in neither Deviation nor Devo radios. Perhaps you can look for similar reports of Magic Mouse troubles with Sierra in the Apple support pages.
P.S. Deviation is not experimental.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?
Last edit: 13 Sep 2016 03:56 by Arnold.

More
20 Sep 2016 19:22 #54072 by busterkat
Arnold -"WARNING: Deviation is experimental software. There are no guarantees made or implied about the quality or reliability of this software. RC models can cause serious injury or death if flown improperly." -which has no bearing on anything. I expect my iMac to accept ANY USB device without conflict.

I do know that there is no relation via Deviation, Devo and Bluetooth. My take is that there is some problem via USB connection with the iMac+Sierra+Bluetooth mouse (which connected via the bluetooth USB host controller) having nothing to do with Deviation-a hardware issue.

I have reported this issue to Apple as a bug via my Apple developer account-not that they'd give a shit-but I expect that after millions of installs of Sierra someone else will encounter this problem.

More
20 Sep 2016 21:16 - 20 Sep 2016 21:17 #54074 by Arnold

busterkat wrote: Arnold -"WARNING: Deviation is experimental software. There are no guarantees made or implied about the quality or reliability of this software. RC models can cause serious injury or death if flown improperly." -which has no bearing on anything. ...

Oh, apologies! Thanks for pointing that out.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?
Last edit: 20 Sep 2016 21:17 by Arnold.

More
17 Oct 2016 23:36 #55075 by raketemensch
Replied by raketemensch on topic Conflict with Devo7e and Magic Mouse osX 10.12
I can confirm that this isn't just the bluetooth mouse, this happens with the trackpad on a Macbook Pro as well.

I'm not begging developers to fix it or anything, I'm just hoping that we can find a workaround if enough of us put our minds to it.

More
22 Oct 2016 21:18 #55283 by busterkat
Yes I saw your post here MacOs Sierra, USB devices problem

More
21 Jul 2018 21:37 #69910 by dss20
Is there any fix for this issue?

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds