Help? Devo 10 Missing CYRF6936 Module

• DoyleSailsSauvieIsland
  • DoyleSailsSauvieIsland's Avatar Topic Author
More
07 Jan 2017 03:41 #57606 by DoyleSailsSauvieIsland
Help? Devo 10 Missing CYRF6936 Module was created by DoyleSailsSauvieIsland
I started a Flight club at our local grade school, and through buying many crashed Helicopters, and used transmitters on ebay, i discovered the Deviation protocols that previous owners installed.
I love !!! the Devo7e Tx with Deviation firmware and how I can use it as an amazing teaching tool!! THANK YOU ALL!
I alo Love how our club can use this powerful tool to link to several models brought in by the kiddos!
However, I have never installed Deviation from scratch, and my first attempt as coach didn't go so well (smile).

Recently I purchased a new White Devo 10 with a new Genius CP Heli.
Our club already has one Devo 10, so I attempted to load Deviation on the new one.

Everything went normally, but I now have an Error message that says I am missing a CYRF6936 Module.
If anyone can help me get around this error, I would love your advice.

I have tried reformatting, and transferring files several times. I tried reverting to Deviation 4.0 as suggested in another thread,
I see enabling the CYRF6936 module on line B=12, but I haven't found where that bit of code is.
I figured I would just ask the pros (smile).
Thanks in advance.
Peace,
DoyleSails

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2017 04:21 #57607 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Help? Devo 10 Missing CYRF6936 Module
I thought the first rule of flight club was "don't talk about flight club" ;)

that's a strange error to pop up by just installing deviation :/ the enable line can be found in a file called hardware.ini that should on the transmitters usb drive as you copy it there during install :)

• DoyleSailsSauvieIsland
More
07 Jan 2017 07:12 #57609 by DoyleSailsSauvieIsland
Replied by DoyleSailsSauvieIsland on topic Help? Devo 10 Missing CYRF6936 Module
Thank You! I will try that when I get home, but for now...
My kiddos keep telling me that! every time they see me, that the First Rule of Flight Club is to "Not to talk about Flight Club" but I haven't seen the movie,(smile).

I am so looking forward to sharing with the group that the first reply from the Deviation Forum was exactly what they tell me every time we meet...The First rule of Flight Club (smile)
More soon, and Thank You again!
Peace,
Mark

More
07 Jan 2017 10:27 #57614 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Help? Devo 10 Missing CYRF6936 Module
You don't need to enable the CYRF module in the hardware.ini, because it is enabled by default.
It is there only if you have the CYRF module elsewhere...

More
07 Jan 2017 11:11 #57616 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Help? Devo 10 Missing CYRF6936 Module
Do you test Devo 10 with original firmware and Genius CP?

• DoyleSailsSauvieIsland
More
08 Jan 2017 06:14 #57671 by DoyleSailsSauvieIsland
Replied by DoyleSailsSauvieIsland on topic Help? Devo 10 Missing CYRF6936 Module
"Did I test original DEVO 10Tx Firmware with the Genius CP...out of the box?"

Yes, I did bind the brand new Devo 10 with the New Genius CP from the box it came with.

The Tx bound to the helicopter it came with, but not with other Walkera models (Super CP and Mini CP)

Could it be that the Devo 10 transmitter has a fixed ID configuration dedicated to the model it was sold with?
The genius CP / Devo 10 Tx combination package was only $120.

Thank You for your advise and help.
Peace,

More
08 Jan 2017 08:30 #57675 by dado099
Replied by dado099 on topic Help? Devo 10 Missing CYRF6936 Module
If I remember well, to bind walkera rx you should use the binding plug inserted in ail (or ele) plug on the rx, then you should hit init on tx.
Please read model's manual for details about binding procedure.

• DoyleSailsSauvieIsland
More
08 Jan 2017 19:17 #57712 by DoyleSailsSauvieIsland
Thank You Dado099,
You do remember well, as binding plugs are needed with the older Genius CP helis with fixed ID's.
My Transmitter worked with the Devo Firmware and bound with the Genius Helicopter it was sold new with. I can bind the Genius CP with all of my Flight Clubs Devo 7e's (two with stock Firmware, and two with Deviation.

When I installed Deviation, The Devo 10 transmitter displays a "Missing CYRF6936 Module" error message on startup, and I cannot get past this screen.

I formatted and reinstalled Deviation several times. Does anyone know if this White Devo 10 transmitter is sold with the CYRF6936 module?
I suspect that it might be a faulty Module. I am going to try to swap it out with my other Devo 10 that is working great.
I think I might also try taking apart an extra Devo7e we have and putting that module in the Devo 10.
I read about this same problem posted on another thread by Gramps.
Thank You all for your help!
Peace,
DoyleSails.

More
09 Jan 2017 01:35 #57723 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Help? Devo 10 Missing CYRF6936 Module
Since the CYRF is built-in to the stock Devo10 it is there. It is possible your Hardware.ini file has a problem -- the line that says
; enable-cyrf6936 = B12
MUST have the ";" (semicolon) in front of it.

But if the hardware.ini file is right, then you may have a bad transmitter module. The module is sold as the Devo 8S upgrade module; the last one I checked was here.

The good news is it is easy to replace in the Devo 10, since it is in a socket. The Devo7e CYRF chip is soldered (and sometimes glued, apparently) to the processor board, and won't work in a Devo 10 (I should also mention that the Devo7e module is artificially limited in range unless you are really good at soldering little parts!) :ohmy:

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

• DoyleSailsSauvieIsland
More
16 Jan 2017 23:07 #58060 by DoyleSailsSauvieIsland
Thank You Deal57, YOU NAILED THE PROBLEM!
The error message " Missing CYRF6936 Module" was due to faulty Module from the factory.

I swapped the CYRF6936 Module into another Devo 10 that had functional stock DeVention Firmware and the TX would not bind.
The Faulty Module in the stock White Devo10 Tx gave a DeVention error icon of a Tx linked to a computer.

However the good Module works great in both Transmitters, and the Deviation Tx binds with our Walkera 120, and our Blade Nano's CPs and CPX (YEA!)

I ordered a 4 in 1 module to replace the original faulty one and will have my club learn a micro soldering lesson.

In summary to the Error of "Missing CYRF 6936 Module:

I installed Deviation on a White DeVo 10 transmitter and it displayed the error message "Missing CYRF6936 Module"

After reinstalling both Deviation 5,0 and 4.0 , and checking the hardware.ini file for proper syntax ( ; enable) the error message remained.

Swapping the faulty module for a new one fixed the problem.

Deviation is FANTASTIC.

Thank You all for your help!
Peace,
Mark

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds