7e + s module + 3in1 module

More
07 Jan 2017 22:31 - 07 Jan 2017 22:55 #57648 by Hordejuk
7e + s module + 3in1 module was created by Hordejuk
hi, im planing to add those two modules at once, will it work?
i did diode mode earlier and it gave me around 250m, just for extra safety id like to replace it with devo s mod to have that enhanced range on DSM2 (im flying helis with satellite receivers)

1. if i add those two at once witch method of wiring the 3in1 module i have to use? for 7e is different than for 10
2. what version of deviation i have to upload to my radio?

can anyone sort out my doubts? thanks!
Last edit: 07 Jan 2017 22:55 by Hordejuk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2017 00:21 #57662 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic 7e + s module + 3in1 module
if you are removing the original 7e rf module (which if the range mod was done properly, and it sounds like it was, the 's' module will give no better range) the best option for you is to use the devo 4in1 module instead, as why pull the stock rf module to replace it with the 's' module and a 3in1 and need 2 antennae when you can just use a 4in1 with a single antenna? also if you want better range the first thing i'd suggest is replacing the stock antenna with a positionable one. for wiring guides for the 7e and 3in1 check the main thread for the modules >> www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...-3in1-4in1-rf-module it's in there somewhere but as i'm on my phone it's difficult to direct you to the exact post. if you decide to follow my suggestion and go with a 4in1 and a repositionable antenna check the devo 4in1/7e install guide here >> www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/5955-7e...he-devo-version-4in1 as for which version of deviation to install i'd suggest vlad_vy's builds of 5.0.0 with all of the newest protocols added, you can find those here >> www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/6407-de...ith-latest-protocols

More
08 Jan 2017 00:53 #57665 by Hordejuk
Replied by Hordejuk on topic 7e + s module + 3in1 module
i bought those modules some time ago so i will stick with them. I also have 2 positionable 6dbi antennas.. i dont mind having 2 instead of 1

250m is not that much, with s module and 6dbi antenna shouldn't i get more than 1km?

More
08 Jan 2017 01:47 - 08 Jan 2017 02:03 #57669 by HappyHarry
i'll repeat that the range modded 7e module and the s module are no different in power output, the only reason to swap it is if the range mod procedure didn't work or if it's damaged, people only swap to the 's' rf module in a 7e because they don't feel confident in doing the range mod or that they damaged the original rf module attempting it.

as i said if you want better range use a better tx antenna that you can position for the best radiation pattern orientation (especially if using higher gain antennae with narrower patterns like the 6db your planning to use) and make sure your sat rx is positioned well rf wise (antennae in the best orientation, not easily sheilded etc), as when trying to get that kind of range good antenna placement and orientation are key, both tx and rx, though I don't know what type of rc heli will be flyable at 1km away lol. though imo if you are wanting to fly at that range reliably i'd suggest using the frsky protocol and ditching dsm2 altogether, or at the least use a proper rx and not just a sat.

though 1km is easliy reached at full tx power in a 7e in a clean environment and a good rx, even with dsm2.
Last edit: 08 Jan 2017 02:03 by HappyHarry.

More
08 Jan 2017 12:38 #57687 by Hordejuk
Replied by Hordejuk on topic 7e + s module + 3in1 module
well, i did that range check with genius cp crappy receiver, maybe full range receiver will do better, my point its when i built my first 700size heli i would like to be safe flying huge circles so it will not go off the lead

i also read somewhere that range on modded devo 7e depends on how well you did the mode (when resoldering both ends), is that right?

also s module has a nice antenna socket so i dont have to solder the new one..
I assume those two modules will work in unison?

More
08 Jan 2017 20:03 #57713 by HappyHarry
yeah i'd range check with the sat you are planning on using or a full rx to give yourself a better idea as the boards on the little heli's aren't best for range checking, though i've walked out to ~200m with a super cp when range testing and it was still ok but i know that's a very clear area rf wise, so it's kind of the best case scenario for range testing.

not really, you either allow the correct voltage through to the pa/lna past the diode to enable it, or you don't, there's no half way measures. seeing as in stock form the 7e only transmits with 7mw the best case scenario would be ~100m range so the fact you got out to ~250m means you were successful.

yes they will work together perfectly well, you'll find the wiring guide for the 3in1/7e in the thread i linked earlier and you'll find a guide for swapping to the 's' module on daryoon's website here >> www.hacksmods.com/2014/10/wk-devo-s-mod-module-for-devo7e/

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds