HELP DEVO 8S no more possible to upgrade or update

More
08 Jan 2017 14:49 #57704 by Abey
Hi there,

your help would be highly appreciated.

i was using win10 to update my Tx with the last Walkera FW, using dsfuse 2.3.1 my Tx was recognized and the update started but got stuck in the middle. My Tx was stuck in DFU mode with no possibility to get back in normal mode. by Tx wasn't recognize anymore by Win10.

I then tried again with my old laptop with Win7, installed dfuse 1.4. My Tx was recognized in DFU mode and I was able to install the last stock FW.
Happy with my success I told to myself, why not to try now to install the deviation 5.0.0 ?? I passed the first stage which went ok, but during the second stage where you need to start your Tx with the ENT button pushed, my Tx is no more recognized by Win7 and I am now stuck with the black screen and the Devention's logo light in red.
I am still able to get back my DEVO 8s in DFU mode and Win7 recognize it but NOT dfuse.

COuld you please be help as I just want to be able to fly my 4F200LM with a stock FW.

thank you

BR
Abey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2017 16:38 #57706 by Deal57
First be sure your batteries are fresh. If they are run down you won't get good results. Also, it's good practice to safely eject the USB device every time you're ready to disconnect.

Can you tell us if you get the program screen when you press EXT while turning on the power? If that's the case, the bootloader is still working correctly and it's mostly a matter of getting Windows to talk to the Devo. If you are getting the program screen, connect it to your PC and listen for the USB notes -- if the device is recognized it should make a sound. You should then be able to see the device in Device Manager. What is the exact name in Device Manager? It normally shows up under USB Devices: on Windows 10, my Devo 6S says "STM32 DFU". If this is working right, DFUse should see your Devo (I find version 2.31 to be the most reliable with my three Devos). If it isn't working right then it's likely you've got the wrong driver for the programming mode. Please confirm that the Devo is ok with that part.

If not, try uninstalling all of your DFUse software. Then reboot. Then try to install DFUse 2.31.

The part you mentioned as failing is the USB Drive. Press the ENT button while turning on the Devo -- do you get the USB screen? Power off, connect to the PC USB, then power back on holding the ENT button. You should hear the USB notes on the PC. Look in Device Manager to see what driver is in use. On my windows 10 device It shows as a Disk Drive, but i think it sometimes shows as a USB controller or device. if you cannot find the driver or the driver is wrong, then you need to correct it.

There are a number of tools to fix an incorrect USB driver, such as Zadig and USBDEView, but I find them tricky to use. So let us know what your PC thinks it is talking to.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
08 Jan 2017 16:46 #57707 by vlad_vy
If your Devo8s do not work with deviation 5.0.0 at USB mode, most likely you flashed wrong firmware, not for devo 8.

More
08 Jan 2017 17:18 #57708 by Abey
Thank you all for your messages!

just to keep you posted, in the meantime I tried on my macbook and I've been able to reinstall the stock firmware and then i have installed Deviation.

I just now need to figure out how to import heli setups in for my:
- nano cpx BL
- mcpx BL
- 180 CFX
- 4F200LM

any idea where I can find these config? and how to install them?

thx

More
08 Jan 2017 18:30 #57711 by Abey
Just an advise for those who face the same problem and who would do the upgrade on a Mac.

the tricky thing is that you need a zip folder to update your tx.

the thing that works to me was to parameter the app (0.8.0.jar file) prior to connect your tx in dfu. first time I have connect my tx and it was a pain to have it upgraded. the odd thing is that you need to zip the files you want to update... but it works faster than my first trials on win10 & win7 where I thought my tx was dead...

More
09 Jan 2017 01:00 #57719 by Deal57

Abey wrote: Thank you all for your messages!

just to keep you posted, in the meantime I tried on my macbook and I've been able to reinstall the stock firmware and then i have installed Deviation.

I just now need to figure out how to import heli setups in for my:
- nano cpx BL
- mcpx BL
- 180 CFX
- 4F200LM

any idea where I can find these config? and how to install them?

thx

Search in the forum under Model Configs. You can also find a number of model icons to jazz up your screen. I'm sure the Blade copters are there; not sure about the 4F200LM (one of my favorite Heli's of all time that I can't afford and can't fly!). Let us know if you get stuck.

Happy Flying!

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
10 Jan 2017 11:09 #57788 by Abey
Hi,

So i have been able to find all my heli configs and the installation is so easy !! Great !

just an information, I have installed the 5.0.0 firmware. Shall I stick with it or do I have to instal a nightly build version?

thank you

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds