Timer problem with devo8 v.5.0.0

More
05 Mar 2017 02:19 #59865 by DSantapaola
Timer problem with devo8 v.5.0.0 was created by DSantapaola
Hello,

perhaps sb can hep me.

The timer doesn't work with devo8 v5.0.0 firmware. The old countdown interfere with the new one. Therefore, the timer section is completely black after a while.

I installed the deviation-devo8-v4.0.1.dfu (and didn't change anything else), and it works as usual.

Can sb gib me some advices? It's ok, to change only the dfu and nothing else?

Thanks in advance! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2017 17:51 #59910 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Timer problem with devo8 v.5.0.0
Could you please elaborate on the problem? Can you reproduce it in emulators? Does it happen with nightly build (or emulators) ad we'll?
When doing major upgrades you should always install new file systems, but remember to back up model, hardware and tx.ini

More
07 Mar 2017 04:51 - 07 Mar 2017 04:55 #59939 by DSantapaola
Replied by DSantapaola on topic Timer problem with devo8 v.5.0.0

Moeder wrote: Could you please elaborate on the problem? Can you reproduce it in emulators? Does it happen with nightly build (or emulators) ad we'll?
When doing major upgrades you should always install new file systems, but remember to back up model, hardware and tx.ini

Moeder, thank you very much!

1. Its a Devo 8s (metal gun). It was the first deviation installation (v.5.0.0 normal version, not the nightly). Before, there was the original firmware installed.
2. The timer doesn't work. Let's say first timer number is 6:00, next one is 5:59. The 6:00 doesn't vanish! So you read 6:00 and 5:59 at once.
3. I installed the v4.0.1.dfu for test purpose, didn't change filesystem. I didn't have the timer problem anymore.
4. I also tried the emulator, both v4.0.1 and v.5.0.0. The timer of v4.0.1. works properly. The timer of v.5.0.0 doen't work. It works only if i press the throttle keys (q,a) constantly. If i don't press the keys, the timer stops.

Before i owned a Devo 8 (silver) with deviation v.4. I never had any timer problem.

Wait! I'm not sure, perhaps i didn't install the Window driver mentioned in the online manual. My old deviation manual for the devo 8 doesn't mention the driver. Could this cause the problem?
Last edit: 07 Mar 2017 04:55 by DSantapaola.

More
19 Apr 2017 01:11 - 19 Apr 2017 02:13 #61570 by DSantapaola
Replied by DSantapaola on topic Timer problem with devo8 v.5.0.0
Problem solved! I don't know what exactly caused the problem, but it was linked with the old model or hardware or tx.ini. It was the first deviation installation, but i used ini files from an other devo 8 (running devo8-v4). This means: First, I installed the v5 dfu. Second, i copied the new files besides the model, hardware, and tx.ini. Thirdly, i copied the old ini files. -> problems.

If i copy the entire new file system, i don't have any issue.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2017 02:13 by DSantapaola.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds