3 in 1 module frsky wont bind

More
19 Mar 2017 05:56 #60357 by tpickett
3 in 1 module frsky wont bind was created by tpickett
I ordered a 3 in 1 module for my Devo 10 and enabled all 3 modules without problems, but cant bind to my beebrain frsky v2 board or my d4r-II receiver.

I have tried to adjust both the course and fine frequencies in 10 level increments but still nothing. no feedback whatsoever from either receiver(other that the beeductrix staying in bind mode).

The 3 in 1 module works as i have bound to Hubsan, DSMX and SLT/Anylink receivers. I'm at a loss as to what is going on to not bind to only frsky? could the 3 in 1 have only a faulty cc_2500?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2017 16:18 #63609 by alantoo
Replied by alantoo on topic 3 in 1 module frsky wont bind
Bumping this rather than starting a new thread, as I have a similar issue.

I just successfully installed the 4 in 1 module in my Devo 7e.
CYRF6936 works. I can bind to and fly my Inductrix.
NRF24L01 works. I can bind to another toy quad using the Bayang protocol.

I'm not sure if CC2500 is working because I cannot bind to my Beebrain FrSky FC.
I think I'm following the correct process to bind and I have specified FrSky as the protocol in the model file.

Has anyone tried this combination and had success?
Any tips for setting up the model and binding?
Any other tips for debugging/determining functionality of this setup?

Thank you!

More
29 Jul 2017 17:00 #63621 by ajtank
Replied by ajtank on topic 3 in 1 module frsky wont bind
It seems the CC2500 frequency of 4-in-1 is a bit off. Most users need to set freq-fine to around -40 otherwise it will not bind.

More
29 Jul 2017 21:26 #63622 by alantoo
Thanks for the response. That did the trick!

In my search to figure out what fine-freq was I came across this page: www.deviationtx.com/wiki/modulelist/cc2500#frequency_tuning
It has a recommended methodology for finding the best adjustment. 40 worked for now, but I will make sure it is the best.

For anyone else looking to do this, when choosing the protocol in model setup, click ENT on it and you can adjust settings for that protocol.

Now to learn how to get everything configured in Betaflight!

More
31 Jul 2017 09:30 #63648 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic 3 in 1 module frsky wont bind
The frequency tuning page is in the deviation wiki. That's not something you should "just come across", but something you should check when you have a problem. And if it's in error, maybe double check in the forums and then fix it.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
03 Aug 2017 14:08 - 03 Aug 2017 14:10 #63703 by captjack01
Replied by captjack01 on topic 3 in 1 module frsky wont bind
Something I found by accident is that mine will bind every time regardless of freq adj is by resting bottom of heli on devo ant and doing bind process with power set to 10mw. This procedure works on both devo 10 one with 3 in 1 and other with 4 in 1. I have both running vlads update 5.0 may version.

Go figure
Last edit: 03 Aug 2017 14:10 by captjack01. Reason: put more info in

More
04 Aug 2017 06:20 #63712 by alantoo

mwm wrote: The frequency tuning page is in the deviation wiki. That's not something you should "just come across", but something you should check when you have a problem. And if it's in error, maybe double check in the forums and then fix it.

You are correct and it is something I had not gotten to in the wiki yet. I'm still learning about this transmitter, software, and forum. I left the breadcrumb there for other noobs like myself.

More
09 Sep 2017 05:23 #64297 by tpickett
Replied by tpickett on topic 3 in 1 module frsky wont bind
In case anyone was wondering, I contacted the 3 in 1 seller and they instructed me to

Set the "freq-fine" to around "-80" in your Frsky Transmitter

. For my module, this has worked with every FrSky protocol receiver that i try to bind.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds