Devo 10 repairs

More
13 Apr 2017 00:48 #61411 by ClittleJ
Devo 10 repairs was created by ClittleJ
Hello again,
I noticed it a topic from years ago that PhracturedBlue was possibly able to fix a Devo transmitter. Not sure if he's still around or not but is there anyone who knows these things inside out that would take on a job like that?
I have a dead Devo10, it was sent to me this way and I have got a refund for the purchase. Now I'm trying to get the thing working. When it showed up it didn't have the battery tray included so I bought an aftermarket one and installed it with the 8AA batteries. It still won't turn on. The quality seal wasn't broken when I got it but I opened it to see if there was anything that stood out, nothing. So I brought it to my local cellphone repair guy and after a couple of weeks of tinkering he still couldn't get it to power on. Even though, he says he tested the whole power circuit (to the best of his knowledge) and everything seems fine. Was wondering if there was anyone who really knows their stuff with this transmitters and the programming that would take on the job of bringing it back to life for me? I would pay shipping both ways and for your time.
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2017 22:17 #61446 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic Devo 10 repairs
did you try to bypass the power switch?

More
13 Apr 2017 22:40 #61447 by ClittleJ
Replied by ClittleJ on topic Devo 10 repairs
Thanks for the reply! I just got the controller back today from the "repair" guy. I had planned on trying some things myself, I will look into that and try that for sure. (Any chance you have a link to a pic or post explaining how to do that?)
Another thing I was going to try was unplugging the module. But I assume my guy tried that as he said he checked all of the components on the board and everything seemed fine.
Cheers!

More
14 Apr 2017 15:11 - 14 Apr 2017 15:12 #61461 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic Devo 10 repairs
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...be-dead?limitstart=0
In this thread are some tips and a shematic of the power circuit of the Devo 8s (very similar)
Last edit: 14 Apr 2017 15:12 by Wene001.

More
14 Apr 2017 15:36 - 14 Apr 2017 15:38 #61462 by ClittleJ
Replied by ClittleJ on topic Devo 10 repairs
Thanks again! Yeah Iv read through that one, and anything else I could find on it.Last night I tried unplugging the module, didn't change anything. Tried jumping the switch a few different ways also didn't see any change. So I tried checking the board at different places for voltages.. This is where it gets weird, I'm probably doing something wrong. When I test with my multimeter the different places that show 12V and 5V and so on, on the pic(I'll repost it for reference), I get the same voltage reading with the battery in switch on, battery in switch off and battery out switch on and off. It seems to always show the right voltage everywhere I tested. Leads me to believe I'm testing things incorrectly.. lol. Anyway that's how far I got with it. Anything needing to be tested further than this will take a bit of explaining, and I guess I need to learn to correctly use a multimeter.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Apr 2017 15:38 by ClittleJ. Reason: Forgot pic

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds