Devo7e with deviation & QX90C with DSM2 not bindin

More
17 Apr 2017 14:42 #61522 by lukacala
Hello! I bought QX90C with DSM2 and Devo 7e and I can not bind them! Please help! I did upload all the deviation firmware for Devo 7e. And now when I turn the transmitter screen is showing: "Missing modules: A7105...". Is that the problem? I did made a new model in transmitter menu and I did put DSM2 protocol and when I press bind nothing happens. The blue light on QX90C is slow blinking and nothing else. Please help if you can? Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2017 22:41 #61535 by Deal57
It is difficult to determine the reason for this message, so I will start with the basics. The Missing Module error is usually associated with changes in a file called "Hardware.ini" that is in the flash drive on the Devo 7e. If you have a stock Devo 7e you should not make any changes to that file. You can simply reload Deviation and the message will probably go away. If you have a stock Devo 7e and haven't changed the file and the error continues there may be something else at fault.

Another cause for this message is that the Deviation software isn't fully installed or that the Flash drive is corrupted. Either way, you can reload the Deviation DFU, then REFORMAT the USB Flash drive before you copy the files over.

Another thing to check: if you have a stock Devo 7e, you need to use the download that is named "deviation-devo7e-v5.0.0" or a nightly release that starts with that title. This is NOT the same as the PC-based emulator called "deviation-emu_devo7e-v5.0.0". It is also not the same as the nightly release that is called the "deviation-devo7e-256-v5.0.0-XXXXXX" which is for a customized Devo7e with a new processor chip).

If everything above is right and you're still getting the error, please let us know the filename of the software you've loaded.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
19 Apr 2017 11:45 #61578 by lukacala
Thank you very much for your answer and advice! I think that I made a mistake when I made changes to "Hardware.ini" file. ( I did use the 5.0 version) I followed youtube video from AndyRC and I made changes to "ini" file like in that video. I removed something in front the module names in that file, so that the modules will be enabled. I did not know that I should not make changes. I was confused because when I go to the transmitter menu I can see some new modules including the DSM2 and some others. It looks like they work, but not with my Eachine QX90C. I am not sure is the quad broken from the box or did I do something wrong with Devo 7e and with my uploading Deviation software. I will try to follow your advice. Download the Deviation software again and download the right version this time. Thank you!!!

More
19 Apr 2017 13:16 #61583 by Deal57
A fresh install of Deviation on the stock Devo 7e will let you see all the protocols, but you can only use the ones that do not have an asterisk ("*") on the front (like "*frysky"). So you should be able to select DSM2 now and 6 channels, and clear out the fixed ID block (please read the user manual on how to use fixed ID with DSM in the protocols section).

Let us know ...

More
22 Apr 2017 17:12 #61680 by lukacala
Thank you very much!!!! I did a fresh installation of Deaviation on my stock Devo 7e! And now there is no more message with missing modules! When I turn the transmitter on there is only Deviation sign! Thanks for helping me with this! (Now I only have a problem with my QX90C quad! I can not connect it to Cleanflight any more! It is showing message: "The firmware on this device needs upgrading to a neewer version. Use CLI for backup before flashing. CLI backup/restore procedure is in the documentation." I do not understand that, but I will try to show it to Banggood and get some help from them!)

More
22 Apr 2017 18:12 #61682 by Deal57
In the Cleanflight configuration utility is the Command Line Interface (CLI). Use the Dump command to get a backup of all your settings. I've seen a similar message on RTF models using CF because new CF releases happen on a regular basis but the model may have been on the shelf for a while. Flashing an FC isn't hard, but reconfiguring from scratch can be challenging. In any case it seems to me you've got a lot of reading to do! I hope we can help if you get stuck.

We've had a few threads here on Cleanflight (and the related Betaflight). RCG has a dedicated thread at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2782355-Eachine-Tiny-QX90C-Better-than-the-first-QX90-%28review-work-in-progress%29 .

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds