Devo 7e won't turn on

More
29 May 2017 03:08 - 29 May 2017 04:04 #62665 by Candrasko
Devo 7e won't turn on was created by Candrasko
So, I installed the NRF24L01 module and it worked fine. I goofed when I accidentally put an rp-sma antenna into an sma socket. Effectively burning out the module. I removed the module. Why won't my Devo 7e turn on now? Anyone have an idea what I might have damaged? The module in the Devo had its antenna always attached. I can't see anything burnt or damaged.

Thanks,
Chuck
Last edit: 29 May 2017 04:04 by Candrasko. Reason: Added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2017 05:44 - 31 May 2017 05:50 #62718 by Texacate
Replied by Texacate on topic Devo 7e won't turn on
Could be a number of things. Depends on what you mean by won't turn on. No LCD back light? Please describe the symptoms in more detail. And do you have a multimeter?
Last edit: 31 May 2017 05:50 by Texacate.

More
31 May 2017 14:00 #62726 by Candrasko
Replied by Candrasko on topic Devo 7e won't turn on
Thanks for your reply. The Devo will not power on at all. No LCD. I am getting power to the board but the board shows no signs of life. I do you have a multimeter and tried checking some places on the board that I thought should have power I'm getting no readings. It fired up my X5c just fine when I did a few second test but when I went to turn it on again it has no life. I am assuming that because I put on the wrong antenna that I fried something. But I'm not sure of this. I hate to lose this one, I added in switches to it and did the antenna mod. All of that went just fine and it worked great. I'm pretty good at soldering and following directions but I'm not an electrical engineer so I don't quite understand how all the circuitry fits together. I was able to get the NRF24L01 module soldered in just fine. And everything worked when I very briefly tested it. Any help would be appreciated. If you can give me some spots on the board to check I can do that no problem. I can replace parts on the board if necessary too.

More
31 May 2017 17:07 - 31 May 2017 17:09 #62729 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Devo 7e won't turn on
The Devo transmitters all have a "soft" power switch, so turning it off doesn't discharge all the circuitry. If you haven't already, unplug the battery and leave it off for a while... 10 minutes is probably fine, but some have suggested leaving it overnight (personally, I've had to do this only a couple of times and left it unplugged for only a few minutes...). Plug it back in and see if that helps.

While it is off, take detailed photos of the board so we can see the details in the connections you've made. Maybe we can spot a solder flash or short.

Also you can search this site for mosfet for some good background on one of the common power issues.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!
Last edit: 31 May 2017 17:09 by Deal57.

More
01 Jun 2017 10:13 - 01 Jun 2017 10:14 #62738 by MikefromGermany
Replied by MikefromGermany on topic Devo 7e won't turn on
Did you thoroughly check the 3.3V regulator first for incoming batt voltage and 3.3V out?
This cheap, but under rated part is one of the first things that goes south.
Last edit: 01 Jun 2017 10:14 by MikefromGermany.

More
02 Jun 2017 11:47 #62760 by Candrasko
Replied by Candrasko on topic Devo 7e won't turn on
I haven't checked much yet. I will check the regulator.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds