Trojan in USB driver

More
09 Jul 2017 17:40 #63371 by Reht
Trojan in USB driver was created by Reht
I hope this is the right place. If not, please direct me to where I should post this.

In trying to swap my Devo tx to Deviation I went to download all the bits I needed. It all worked great until I was trying to download and install the USB drivers available from the download section as "DFU USBDrv Installer-1.1". Windows Defender threw a fit, blocked the download (and even if I managed to get around that, as soon as it saw the file it removed it). Labeled the exe file as a serious threat, a trojan by the name Rundas.B.

A little irritating as I'd like to change my firmware, but with the security system throwing such a fuss I figured I should bring it up here to see if anything is up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2017 18:18 #63372 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Trojan in USB driver
You will only need that program if your PC doesn't see the Devo TX correctly. When you first plug in the USB from the TX to the PC, then turn on the TX with the EXT button pushed, Windows (10) will install a driver, and it sometimes picks the wrong one. The best approach I found is (BEFORE you plug in the TX to USB):
  • Install Defuse 2.31.
  • Open the Device Manager and connect your Devo. If the driver is correct it will show up as "STM Device in DFU mode" under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, and Defuse will see it.
  • If it's not right, Device Manager will see "STM32 DFU" under Universal Serial Bus Devices, but you can then right click on the device, select Update Driver Software, select Let me pick...choose Universal Serial Bus Controllers, and select STM Device in DFU mode. This should allow Defuse to see the Device.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
13 Jul 2017 12:15 #63419 by RubenRC
Replied by RubenRC on topic Trojan in USB driver
I have seen the same error with Windows defender. I just disabled defender while I was upgrading my transmitter. But i haven't seen someone bring up the Trojan being detected.

Mavic Pro | ARFun 95 | KingKon Tiny7 | Beeductrix | Inductrix FPV | Nano QX2
DEVO F12E | Devo F7

Time to create page: 0.024 seconds