Delay Mux doesn't work any more

More
16 Aug 2017 13:43 #63820 by Fer
Delay Mux doesn't work any more was created by Fer
Hi, i have posted this in another thread among another (solved now) problem, but it seems that wasn't the right thread.

Simple: I can't make the delay mux to work anymore. It used to work fine on my Heron and FPV Raptor, but suddenly stopped working. I can't tell why. I have tryed many different approaches to solve the problem, but none has worked.

What i want to do, is have the flaps deply slowly. I have the flaps on channels 5 and 7. I want to use MIX1 for 30% down and MIX2 for 50% down. I want it to move from one position to the other slowly, say in 2 seconds time.

This has puzzled me for many days, and although i have programmed numerous models in my DEVO 10, i am out of ideas for this one.

Anyone care to help, or explain what to do? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2017 16:05 - 16 Aug 2017 16:49 #63821 by Morlacus
Replied by Morlacus on topic Delay Mux doesn't work any more
Hello Fer
I have tried also to create a delay on a mixer without success. As I had never tried before I thought I was wrong but may be effectively it does not work. It could be interesting for programmers fo know when it worked for you.

After having tried another time my devo 12 had a strange comportment : when i pressed ok after having put a delay as second mixer page on an elevon complex mixer and a fixed curve the screen disappeared from the bottom and the tx rebooted. two times same process.
Another test had a different result after the disappearing screen the devo was blocked and beepeed . After switching off and on it did not work.at all..
I tried to reinstall the firmware deviation-devo12-v5.0.0-58e29b0.dfu (voice firmware). Same result the tx did not work
I installed the deviation-devo12-v5.0.0-62b157e.dfu firmware and the tx worked correctly but had no voice. To have the deviation-devo12-v5.0.0-58e29b0.dfu working correctly I had to go in the model where I had tried to put a delay and cancel it . My tx is now in order but I will wait advices to test delay....;)
Last edit: 16 Aug 2017 16:49 by Morlacus. Reason: additions and new tests

More
16 Aug 2017 19:38 #63825 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic Delay Mux doesn't work any more
Hmmm... after reading your post, i bound my Heron to my backup DEVO 10 (one with separete modules, the one i fly with has a 4in1 installed). The firmware version of the backup DEVO 10 is 699e3d6, as i had updated it a few months ago, and unfortunatelly it is also a voice firmware. The result is that even with my "old" DEVO 10, i still don't have delay working. But given the fact that i had updated the firmware a good two-three months ago, is it really possible that no one since then hasn't run into the problem? I find it hard to believe. So many people fly with the Deviated Devos, i am sure the problem would have been spotted the same day.

I am not interested so much in the voice thing, as i am for the new installed protocols, that is the main reason i updated the firmware. I will wait for advice from a Deviation programmer, and then maybe i will go back to latest non-voice firmware, if it turns out that to be the problem.

More
16 Aug 2017 20:22 - 16 Aug 2017 20:50 #63826 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Delay Mux doesn't work any more
Fer and Morlacus,

please try the builds attached and see if it solves the problem.
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Aug 2017 20:50 by Moeder.

More
16 Aug 2017 20:53 #63829 by Morlacus
Replied by Morlacus on topic Delay Mux doesn't work any more
Hello Moeder
I am not Fernandez ;) , but anyway good job :) ! Your file solved the problem for me. No more reboot, beep problem and the delay works.
I will keep this firmware or will it be in a nightly build ?
independently il did not solve my delay problem :
On my elevon channel i want to make a fixed correction triggered by a switch. Easy to do. Now I want this correction slowed to be adjusted to the speed of my foils. But just the correction and not all the elevon channel afferwards. If somebody can help

More
17 Aug 2017 04:49 #63837 by Moeder
Well, sometimes all it needs is to take a
break;
:P
I'll make a pull request for the change later today, so it should be fixed in one of the upcoming nightlies.

More
17 Aug 2017 13:24 #63845 by Fer
I was looking forward to come back from work and test the firmware Moeder suggested.

Thank you very much Moeder, that fixed the problem with the delay mux. My DEVO 10 now works like it used to works before.

So, it is a firmware problem, if it wans't for you, i would have never been able to solve the problem myself.

More
17 Aug 2017 17:47 #63849 by Moeder
Thanks for the praise, but since I kind of introduced the bug into nightlies (although it has been in the very first voice builds I personally wasn't involved) I felt obligated to fix it. And single line of code isn't that huge achievement :P
Anyways, glad to hear it works now.

More
18 Aug 2017 20:09 #63863 by Moeder
Bug is now officially fixed (starting with build ac7e0b1 from 2017-08-18)

More
19 Aug 2017 11:00 #63869 by Fer

Moeder wrote: And single line of code isn't that huge achievement :P
Anyways, glad to hear it works now.

What is a single line of code for you, is a sublime problem for the vast majority. I was flying for a couple of hours today, everything was smooth and nice. Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds