Which RX to connect to RS f4 AIO FC to devo7e

More
21 Sep 2017 22:12 #64574 by Anthanium
Hi guys,

I searched around for a bit and could not really find what I was looking for.
Currently im using my Devo7E with deviation so it's able to run dsm2/dsmx
I am at the point of ordering this FC

But im still having trouble to decide which receiver will work with both this FC and my TX
on bg i've found this RX and a couple of variations.

Can you guys advise me?

thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2017 23:41 - 21 Sep 2017 23:42 #64575 by Schugy
There is also the new Walkera RX-SBUS . I donĀ“t use it with a FC but with a flight simulator dongle.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2017 23:42 by Schugy.

More
22 Sep 2017 00:37 - 22 Sep 2017 00:39 #64576 by Deal57
With your choice of board you might want to consider another RX, although the Redcon is fine for most purposes. i have a couple of small quads using the Redcon you linked. I use them in my indoor F3 builds, they are easy to work with, take the covers off and they are just tiny! The DSMX seems to like 7 channels only, perfect for tiny quads - bonus because they come with the cable that connects easily to my boards with a DSMX connector. I don't think you'll have an easy time connecting to the F4 board you linked, because you need 3.3v for this receiver, and it looks kinda tricky to get to on that amazing board.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to have telemetry, like battery level and RSSI, which this board cannot provide. One BF user showed how to set it up to give us a relative RSSI (scale is 1-100, 100 being best, 1 being worst), and on my OSD equipped boards the video gives me an idea of RSSI. For now, and for the price, they work great.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!
Last edit: 22 Sep 2017 00:39 by Deal57.

More
22 Sep 2017 08:36 #64590 by Anthanium
Replied by Anthanium on topic Which RX to connect to RS f4 AIO FC to devo7e
Thanks for the advice guys,

So i see your point in the operating voltage of the RX which is 3.3v on the the Redcon RX . but the board has a 5v output. would a normal voltage regulator work? I guess that will be to much of a hassle.

the Walkera RX looks interesting and uses the right voltage range. Anybody has any experience with those connecting up to Devo7E?

I'm just looking for the cleanest and easiest way to connect this board to my TX, If anybody knows a receiver that will solve this, please link it. it would be very much appreciated!

More
24 Sep 2017 22:58 #64635 by Schugy
Sorry, no 7E here, Tried a F7DS and 8S and they work.

More
25 Sep 2017 21:32 #64666 by Anthanium
Replied by Anthanium on topic Which RX to connect to RS f4 AIO FC to devo7e
So is there a RX somebody recommends? One which does work with devotion 7E but also with an 5v input? surely somebody must have had this kind of problem? thanks

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds