Jumper T8SG w AFHDS-2A RSSI to FPV OSD?

More
30 Dec 2017 00:24 #66645 by Blade81
Hi There,

I am new to this hobby so please bear with me. Recently i got my Jumper T8SG, lizard95 and Eachine Ev800D googles and trying to get all 3 to work "together"

So far i have done the following.
T8SG
  1. Upgraded to the latest firmware 29thDec2017 Nightly build
  2. Fix non detected knobs by performing Calibration.
  3. Map the channels to betaflight
  4. reversing the AIL & RUD
  5. setting up 3 POS switch mapping
Lizard95 betaflight
  1. Upgraded to latest Betaflight 3.2.3
  2. setup all the channels/modes
  3. setup failsafe and beeps
  4. setup OSD
In Betaflight I see an RSSI option but no matter what i did, the value stays at 50
in t8sg manual i can't find any infomation with RSSI for Flysky. so i dont know if it is supported in the first place.

i read online some guys manage to do it with their Flysky tx, which they configure channel#10 to "ERROR" and setup AUX6 on betaflight as channel to receive realtime RSSI information.
I have done the part on betaflight, but i am not sure where i can setup jumper t8sg channel 10 to "ERROR" or equivalent.
Please advise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2018 22:34 #68298 by wbr3
Replied by wbr3 on topic Jumper T8SG w AFHDS-2A RSSI to FPV OSD?
Hey!
Yep, I'm in the same spot, and I stumbled on your query here. I don't know how to set my jumper to the equivalent "error" state either, nor do know if possibly another option exists. One thing I noticed about your query tho, you are talking about ch6 as your rssi channel, which struck me as a possible problem for you, since ch5 and ch6 are usually used for "arm" and "modes-angle/horizon/acro, etc" . Are you sure you dont mean ch7? And if that works for you let me know, cuz I'm still stuck trying to make channel 7 my rssi channel. I've got it set up as a "simple" on the jumper, and the value is just 100% all the time. So far, all I see is the rssi stuck on 99 percent in the osd, and it never changes.

More
23 Mar 2018 15:23 - 23 Mar 2018 15:26 #68311 by zarni
Replied by zarni on topic Jumper T8SG w AFHDS-2A RSSI to FPV OSD?
Albert Kim recently put a video up that included showing how to put a FLYSky LQI into a betaflight OSD with the T8SG.
It is at the 8:48 mark.
I don't think it is the same receiver as you are using but hopefully the steps will be the same.

Last edit: 23 Mar 2018 15:26 by zarni. Reason: Don't sem to be able to use Youtube links that start at a certain time..

More
24 Mar 2018 22:43 #68334 by wbr3
Replied by wbr3 on topic Jumper T8SG w AFHDS-2A RSSI to FPV OSD?
Hey Zarni, thanks so much for taking the time to respond! Much appreciated. Watched Albert's vid (btw, isn't he just awesome? LOVE his videos, and really look forward to them) but alas, I'm still stuck. Getting close, but still no dice. What I learned today was that the "last channel" - usually ch12 or ch8 is what the jumper wants to use for RSSI, and BF wants you to assign it (aux 8 or aux 4, for example). I'm dancing all around it, just can't lock it in.

More
26 Mar 2018 00:54 #68354 by zarni
Replied by zarni on topic Jumper T8SG w AFHDS-2A RSSI to FPV OSD?
Can you get a working LQI/RSSI value to show up on the T8SG screen?

I did a quick look on a Lizard95 product page and noticed that the FrSky receiver option notes that it is" RSSI Ready", however the FlySky and DSM ones don't.

More
28 Mar 2018 06:04 - 28 Mar 2018 06:05 #68381 by Blade81
Replied by Blade81 on topic Jumper T8SG w AFHDS-2A RSSI to FPV OSD?
I have gave up setting up RSSI with flysky, and I changed all my receivers to Frsky X instead. (now im using XM+ XSR, R-XSR) and I can get rssi and all other telemetry showing on my jumper.
and setup alerts for threshold for low rssi or battery alerts etc.. ..
Last edit: 28 Mar 2018 06:05 by Blade81.

More
06 Jul 2018 21:25 #69795 by mrbig
Replied by mrbig on topic Jumper T8SG w AFHDS-2A RSSI to FPV OSD?
For those like my struggling with the Lizard95 and eachine FlySky receiver to get RSSI: it's not supported by the receiver.

With flysky it would work as the following: the FlySky receiver should send the RSSI over telemetry back to the transmitter, then there it could be sent back to the copter in a selected channel.

The problem is that the eachine flysky receiver (at least the minicube version) does not support telemetry.

That's why the only option now is to use the FrSky receiver

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds