Deviation F7 installation

More
17 Feb 2018 15:40 #67559 by Quell
Deviation F7 installation was created by Quell
Hi everyone, I am about to to download deviation to my F7 and I'm not sure what version to use.
I have the DFU USB Drv tool installed and I'm using the deviation uploaded tool version 0.8.0 as instructed.
Any suggestions from some of you more knowledgeable about this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2018 22:40 #67563 by Quell
Replied by Quell on topic Deviation F7 installation
i got deviation installed a little hint to maybe save some people time the F7 can be updated to deviation using the standard old micro USB cable dont even try the Walkera UP02 tool it wont work in the trainer jack like other radios just use the usb connection, ues its a dumb mistake but it wasted a lot of my time.

More
17 Feb 2018 23:55 #67564 by Quell
Slowly but surely lm getting this done. I am going to be installing a NRF24L01 module for the control of the Bayangtoys x16 and x21.
Is there another FS program that I need to download or do I need to get proficient at editing the FS File?
I have the Python editor and the windows FS editor programs if that's needed.
I played with the menus in deviation on the F7 and everything seems to be working fine, but I don't have anything to bind to and try it out.
Forgive my ignorance but will all of the protocols for different Receivers for the chip that is from the factory work right now or are those all different FS programs for each protocol?

More
18 Feb 2018 20:11 #67570 by Bisky
Replied by Bisky on topic Deviation F7 installation

Ultimate 7E + range mod + 3x2 switch mod + 3in1 module
Devo F7 XMS + 4in1 module

More
18 Feb 2018 22:40 #67572 by Quell
Hi Bisky thanks for the reply, I have gone over the thread you listed and I found that I did not need the XMS version for the Xtra memory space modification, right now I just need the standard F7 Deviation. I might upgrade later if I need to!

If I only run 1 additional NRF24L01 module and only have 2 models in the model memory I would be good to go with the stock memory space?

Is that a fair assessment

More
19 Feb 2018 06:41 #67578 by Bisky
Replied by Bisky on topic Deviation F7 installation
As I update to deviation, I head no space for what so ever, not even for hardware.ini... My usb disk was 64k and only file on it was devo.fs.

Ultimate 7E + range mod + 3x2 switch mod + 3in1 module
Devo F7 XMS + 4in1 module

More
19 Feb 2018 11:07 #67582 by Quell
OK now I am more confused, I thought that I only had to modify the FS file to open the NRF24L01 portion and I will also use the power amplifier option.
Then I do not need to mess with the hardware. Ini file.

More
19 Feb 2018 11:47 #67583 by Quell
After more research it looks like I do need to access the. Ini file for the advanced mixers and channel assignments.
Is there any way to access the the advanced mixer and channel assignments without the memory modification?

More
19 Feb 2018 13:34 #67585 by Quell
OK the hell with it, I ordered the SST25VF032B-80-4I-S2AF chip to do the memory mod. It's only a few bucks and I'm a decent soldering hand.
I was going to order the chip that you are using Bisky but the other one was faster to get and from what I've read it's the same chip that Vlad is using so I hope it works well.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds