corrupted devo.fs on Devo F7

More
26 Feb 2018 19:26 #67790 by Schugy
corrupted devo.fs on Devo F7 was created by Schugy
Maybe it is a good idea to show my damaged devo.fs file. I tried to setup a model5.ini because someone asked how to set a fixed id. My RX1202 was connected with a random id (nothing else changed) and I entered a fixed id manually. When I finished I didn't hit "bind" so I didn't set an id. Instead I tried to load model4.ini (Quadrocopter). Then the screen went mad and I could only access "about Deviation" and "USB mode."
The nightly build is deviation-devof7-v5.0.0-e50fce3. The remaining functionality was good enough to activiate USB mode and install the previous backup of the devo.fs. Then I unmounted and switched off. My F7 is back to normal. The broken devo-fs is so much compressible that it seems to be zeroed out or something. But deflated it is 65536 bytes. I don't guess that model5 was caused by missing memory, maybe only by missing of unfragmented memory (before model5.ini changed from default 504 bytes to maybe 1.5kb: Filesystem will use 50kB of 64kB filesystem).
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2018 04:01 #67803 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic corrupted devo.fs on Devo F7
It's known issue, devo.fs is unstable. If you want to solve this problem radically, you need to do XMS mod - replace flash memory chip to 16 or 32 Mbit and use devof7-XMS build.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/6861-ul...-devof12e-xms-builds

www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/6861-ul...ilds?start=300#67544

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds