DSM Channel Order wrong Devo 10

More
03 Apr 2018 13:01 #68483 by propnut
DSM Channel Order wrong Devo 10 was created by propnut
Hello all

A newbie here so apologies if this is the wrong place to raise this. If so please point me in the right direction. I have noticed that when using DSM and the standard mixer for setting up a heli that the elevator and aileron are swapped. Standard DSM channel order should be TAER but when the standard mix is invoked it is TEAR. When I change to Advanced mixer can take a look at Cyclic 1 and 2, although Cyclic 1 says Aileron, the channel input is actually Elevator and vice versa for Cyclic 2. If I change them here to what they should be and then go back to standard mixer everything is ok.

I just figure that perhaps it should be corrected for others moving forward.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2018 18:09 - 03 Apr 2018 18:10 #68485 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic DSM Channel Order wrong Devo 10
No, this persists since long.
Simply swap the cyclic 1&2 destination.
I have a setup for a 450 flybar heli on my QX7 and wanted this also on my 7e.....ran just into it,

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 03 Apr 2018 18:10 by aMax.

More
03 Apr 2018 21:08 #68488 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic DSM Channel Order wrong Devo 10
This is a known bug. Details in this thread .

More
04 Apr 2018 11:01 #68501 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic DSM Channel Order wrong Devo 10
Aaagh ok, I have been using DSM orange RX stabilizer in the past and stumbled on this too, now I understand it is a bug......

More
04 Apr 2018 12:06 #68502 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic DSM Channel Order wrong Devo 10
Thanks Chaps. Sorry I should have searched the forum first.

Cheers

More
11 Apr 2018 15:19 - 11 Apr 2018 15:23 #68610 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic DSM Channel Order wrong Devo 10

propnut wrote: When I change to Advanced mixer can take a look at Cyclic 1 and 2, although Cyclic 1 says Aileron, the channel input is actually Elevator and vice versa for Cyclic 2. If I change them here to what they should be

Actually, you could start heli configuration with the "Standard heli GUI" and then switch the menu to "Advanced GUI".
But I would only do it for FBL, not CCPM120 flybar.

You can fix it easily in the advanced GUI for CCPM120 flybar heli if you stay with your configuration and the "Advanced GUI" if you swap both virtual cyclics, as explained in more detail in the other linked heli threads.

propnut wrote: and then go back to standard mixer everything is ok.

No, you can not go back from "Advanced GUI" to "Standard heli GUI".

To my understand (and I can not re-test right now) standard GUI resets to defaults/empty and you will lose your current configuration heli settings (e.g gyro) as this is to my undrestanding not supported!
Has been a longer time ago when I made the heli analysis and wrote those threads....

If you really want to only use the "Standard heli GUI" with a working flybar CCPM120 setup (depending on where the single ELEV servo is, front or back), you can follow my other thread which suggests to manually edit the model.ini and swap the both Cyclic1<->Cyclic2 mappings.

If you do it once and you do not touch it in the "Standard heli GUI" CCPM120 screens anymore, those values have not been rewritten (won't be overwritten) according to my tests.

To get any FBL or CCPM120 heli models to work, you will have to download the "right" heli template.ini files rom my updated thread (there is more than one, as all templates have to be quite different!) and adjust your model.ini settings MANUALLY (for "Standard GUI").

The checked in Deviation 5.0.0 release template (included in the release.zip) was rewritten for CCPM120, not FBL.

But nevertheless of the swapped channels in the template, the source code overwrites themt, so these heli cyclic settings will be gone if you use the "Standard heli GUI" CCPM configuration.

The really best is to go with the "Advanced heli GUI" as soon as possible, as you can adjust (swap) cyclic mixers, especially if you need to go with a CCPM120 flybar heli.

However, probably it makes much more sense to convert your heli from flybar to flybarless, especially if it may be a 450 CP heli (for example).

Ton's of nice FBL systems out there....some which even include rescue!

Viele Grüße / Best regards
Last edit: 11 Apr 2018 15:23 by Thomas.Heiss.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds