Mixing questions for DLG

More
03 Aug 2018 14:21 #70052 by KArlk.
Mixing questions for DLG was created by KArlk.
Hello!
I have 2 questions about mixing.

Short versions:
1: Is it possible to apply a mix only when 2 switches are in the right position? I want to apply a Mix only if Hold is 1 AND Fmod is also 1. If either switch is 0 the mix should not be apllied.

2:Can you change the value of a mix from the trim buttons / menu buttons without going into the mix menu? I want to be able to adjust the amount of elevator on my starting mix depending on the wind without going into the mix menu and changing it there.

Long version:
While flying my DLG theres one annoying thing that I would like to fix. Where I fly the wind can change quite quickly. When I launch my DLG I have to adjust the elevator in my starting mix depending on the wind. Right now I have to adjust the amount the elevator is going up through the mixing menu. If you have to do that before every launch it gets quite tedious. I would like to have a solution, where I could at least have 2 different values in the starting mix depending on the switch positions. My starting mix is on Hold 0, if I switch to Hold 1 im in flying mode. I would like to have it, so the Fmod adds elevator to the starting mix, but is no longer applied if the Hold is 1, so I don't have to switch 2 switches to get into flying mode.
Even better would be a solution where I could adjust the amount of elevator that is added in the starting mix through the trim or menu buttons. For example you could modify the "scale" of the starting mix by one if you press the throttle up trim und decrease it by pressing the throttle down trim.

I have been searching for a while, but I don't seem to use the correct search terms, as I am sure someone has had a similar question. Any input would be welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2018 07:27 #70280 by Hoodooguru
Replied by Hoodooguru on topic Mixing questions for DLG
2: are you referring to elevator launch preset? if so I "may" have a solution.

More
16 Aug 2018 07:40 #70281 by KArlk.
Replied by KArlk. on topic Mixing questions for DLG
Yes, I think so. I'm talking about the "trim" of the elevator at launch.

More
16 Aug 2018 07:56 - 16 Aug 2018 08:43 #70282 by Hoodooguru
Here is what I do.

I am using a devo8.
I use rudder dual rate switch for launch.
RUD DR0 is for launching, my presets for elevator rudder and aileron
RUD DR1 is for normal flying

So when dlg has rotated to vertical i switch from rud dr0 to RUD DR1

If you go to your trim setup page you will see that you can select a switch for each function ele ail and rud, mine are all set to RUD DR. You choose which ever switch you use for launch (your hold switch). This will save a trim value when switch is set one way and a different value when that same switch is set the other way.

Try it works great and i think is what you want.

Also you may want to increase step value to around 4

Hope this is clear and you understand. Will post some pics if you need it.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2018 08:43 by Hoodooguru.

More
16 Aug 2018 07:57 #70283 by Hoodooguru
I also have rud dr1 to turn on timer 1 stopwatch, and timer 2 permanent.

More
16 Aug 2018 08:11 - 16 Aug 2018 08:51 #70284 by Hoodooguru
So in my case when switch is in rud dr0 (launch mode) elevator trim buttons are used for launch trim. When switch is in rud dr1 (normal flight mode) i use elevator trim buttons as normal to make dlg fly straight. Both settings are saved.

2 different values on one switch and using your normal elevator trim buttons. Exactly like you asked for. No more having to go in and change mixers.

In fact no mixing at all required.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2018 08:51 by Hoodooguru.

More
16 Aug 2018 08:38 #70285 by Hoodooguru
pics
Attachments:

More
16 Aug 2018 19:23 #70291 by KArlk.
Replied by KArlk. on topic Mixing questions for DLG
That's exactly what I was looking for! It didn't cross my mind to check the "trim" menu. Thanks a lot!

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds