Subtrims or trimmers?

More
15 Nov 2018 17:26 #71758 by saidem
Subtrims or trimmers? was created by saidem
Hello,
Could you tell me how the subtrims work in deViation. I tried them and I feel that there is no difference with the Trims. Yet I have seen on the internet that Futaba subtrims work differently from JR / Graupner / Spektrum subtrims. Is deviation a third functioning?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2018 08:57 #71760 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Subtrims or trimmers?
The subtrim value is always added last to the channels output. It has nothing to do with the trims.
It's primary purpose is to center a servo...

More
16 Nov 2018 14:44 #71761 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic Subtrims or trimmers?
Hello FDR,
Thank you for your answer. I asked this question because when I look in Mixer output and I also control servos and the neutral point of the servos, the action of the trims and subtrims is identical. I put -30 in subtrim and I compared by setting the trim fully set to the step of 0.1. And the servo neutral moves in both cases at the same place and I have the same races on one side and the other of the neutral. I took a simple, unmixed channel with a 1-to-1 curve.
I tried with a RX DSM2 and DEVO and I have the same result. Frankly, I do not understand! For me I think the trim works properly, but not the subrim. What do you think ?

More
16 Nov 2018 22:15 #71769 by FDR
I don't see the problem.
Yes, the effect of the subtrim and the trim is the same, but while you can change the trim while flying, the subtrim is constant. It simply helps you to center the servos while the trim can stay in the center position...

More
17 Nov 2018 16:55 #71776 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic Subtrims or trimmers?
I understand your answer. I enclose a little diagram that I found on the internet. Finally, I do not know enough to say what is best, but I wanted to understand that deViation. Is this a disadvantage or a benefit the real subtrim?
Thank you very much for everything.
Attachments:

More
17 Nov 2018 19:49 #71780 by FDR
OK, I see. In deviation it isn't implemented in that way.
It probably could be, but I don't know if that would provide any benefits...

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds