Flysky Mod How-to

More
17 Sep 2012 12:28 #1676 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Flysky Mod How-to

gektor wrote: This is interesting: how do you (technically seen) switch between two modules which are soldered to one Transmitter? Is this funcitonality implemented within the Deviation Firmware? What about the standard Firmware which I also use? How does this firmware know, which module is activated?

I don't understand.
In deviation, you selectthe protocol. If you select 'flysky' (and you have a flysky module) then deviation will turn on the V911 module, and turn off the DEVO module. One of the wires from the module allows us to do that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2012 12:53 - 17 Sep 2012 12:54 #1679 by gektor
Replied by gektor on topic Flysky Mod How-to

PhracturedBlue wrote:

gektor wrote: This is interesting: how do you (technically seen) switch between two modules which are soldered to one Transmitter? Is this funcitonality implemented within the Deviation Firmware? What about the standard Firmware which I also use? How does this firmware know, which module is activated?

I don't understand.
In deviation, you selectthe protocol. If you select 'flysky' (and you have a flysky module) then deviation will turn on the V911 module, and turn off the DEVO module. One of the wires from the module allows us to do that.

Reading your Answer I can tell you one thing: you understand! :) That's exactly the thing I wanted to know, thank you :woohoo:

The only thing's left: will the standard Walkera Firmware still work as usual with the additional Transmitter PCB inside?
Last edit: 17 Sep 2012 12:54 by gektor.

More
17 Sep 2012 12:57 #1680 by PhracturedBlue

gektor wrote: The only thing's left: will the standard Walkera Firmware still work as usual with the additional Transmitter PCB inside?

yes. the 'enable' pin we've used for the flysky module is unused in the normal Devention firmware (it is a debug port). So the flysky module will not be turned on.

More
17 Sep 2012 13:11 - 17 Sep 2012 13:11 #1681 by gektor
Replied by gektor on topic Flysky Mod How-to

PhracturedBlue wrote:

gektor wrote: The only thing's left: will the standard Walkera Firmware still work as usual with the additional Transmitter PCB inside?

yes. the 'enable' pin we've used for the flysky module is unused in the normal Devention firmware (it is a debug port). So the flysky module will not be turned on.

Your're a genius (leastwise)! :woohoo:
Last edit: 17 Sep 2012 13:11 by gektor.

More
26 Sep 2012 13:21 #1830 by PhracturedBlue
This is a really important note from OnceAFly

Edit: Update on devo6 with fly sky mod. I have found out the real reason that make my devo6 flysky protocol not working as Pb's pdf instruction. The pin 6 on CYRF6936 module is 6.8vdc output which is far too hogh for the A7105 module and instead wire it to Vdd near TMS you are soldering. I learn it the hard way as the 1st A7105 transmit module burned and happen I have 1 more WLtoy beetle with the same module to rip out. Now I can change between the protocol without any switch mod

I have to go back and double check the Devo8, but if this is the case there too, you definitely do not want to use the Vcc pin I mention in the PDF.

More
26 Sep 2012 17:59 #1833 by rototophe
Replied by rototophe on topic Flysky Mod How-to

PhracturedBlue wrote: This is a really important note from OnceAFly

Edit: Update on devo6 with fly sky mod. I have found out the real reason that make my devo6 flysky protocol not working as Pb's pdf instruction. The pin 6 on CYRF6936 module is 6.8vdc output which is far too hogh for the A7105 module and instead wire it to Vdd near TMS you are soldering. I learn it the hard way as the 1st A7105 transmit module burned and happen I have 1 more WLtoy beetle with the same module to rip out. Now I can change between the protocol without any switch mod

I have to go back and double check the Devo8, but if this is the case there too, you definitely do not want to use the Vcc pin I mention in the PDF.

Wierd, I made the mod on my Devo8S and I used the TMS pin as mentionned in the PDF and everything is working as expected, at least as far as I can tell. I flew maybe 15 batteries so far on a V911 with that setup, sometimes 2 or three batteries in a row and the module as of now is still opertaional ....

However if it is confirmed that it is better to switch the pin from TMS to VDD it would be good to know.

More
26 Sep 2012 18:42 #1834 by PhracturedBlue
It isn't TMS to VDD. It is pin 6 of the CYRF module to Vdd (next to TMS). It maybe that the Devo8 doesn't have this issue. I need to check the voltages to see.

More
26 Sep 2012 20:06 - 26 Sep 2012 20:07 #1835 by rototophe
Replied by rototophe on topic Flysky Mod How-to

PhracturedBlue wrote: It isn't TMS to VDD. It is pin 6 of the CYRF module to Vdd (next to TMS). It maybe that the Devo8 doesn't have this issue. I need to check the voltages to see.

OK I indeed got it wrong the first time around. But I think you mean It's pin 6 of the A7105 that should go to VDD instead of going to pin 6 of CYRF module right? If the issue is confirmed on the Devo8 that is .....
Last edit: 26 Sep 2012 20:07 by rototophe.

More
27 Sep 2012 14:04 - 27 Sep 2012 14:11 #1840 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Flysky Mod How-to
Seems like pin 6 of CYRF6936 module is intended for about +5V input voltage and module has LDO regulator 3.3V inside, that doesn't go out.

Pin 6 of A7105 intended for 3.3V input voltage.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2012 14:11 by vlad_vy.

More
29 Sep 2012 17:47 #1868 by PhracturedBlue
Confirmed that the A7105 needs to be hooked to the 'Vdd' pin on the tx.
I also installed the module I bought from Aliexpress and did a range compare.
In both cases I set the Tx on the ground, the antenna was inside the Tx and was bound to the V911. I then walked until the light on the V911 would flash intermittently. The path was line-of sight, but along the edge of the woods, so not exactly a wide open field.

Using the V911 Module: range = 600ft
Using the aliexpress module: range = 650ft
So not exactly a big difference.
The Aliexpress module hooks up just like the V911 module, but you need to apply 3.3V to the TxEn pin as well.

I'll update the instructions with all this info

More
29 Sep 2012 19:06 #1876 by PhracturedBlue
I've updated the manual now

More
29 Nov 2012 17:22 - 29 Nov 2012 17:23 #3426 by amiller
Replied by amiller on topic Flysky Mod How-to
Has anyone tried this with the Xieda 9958 module? I have a broken transmitter, right stick snapped off, and am willing to give it a shot. My only issue is there are no pin markings and I don't know if it is pin compatible with the V911 version.

Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Nov 2012 17:23 by amiller.

More
29 Nov 2012 17:43 #3427 by PhracturedBlue
It should work, though without a power-amp, you'll be limited in range to a similar distance as the Xieda controller.

Your pic isn't clear enough for me to figure out all the pins, but here's my guess (left to right for the picture you posted):
1: GND(?)
2: GND
3: 3.3V(?)
4: SDIO
5: SCK
6: SCS

You could do a little experimentation with a voltmeter to confirm pins 1 and 3, and then you should be able to hook it up

More
29 Nov 2012 17:57 #3428 by amiller
Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a shot this weekend, and post my findings.

More
29 Nov 2012 18:22 #3430 by amiller
Also, does the V911 have a power amp? If not, shoudn't I get in the ballpark as that one for range?

More
29 Nov 2012 19:14 #3433 by PhracturedBlue
The V911 has a power-amp. I do not know how powerful it is though.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds