need help please!!

More
09 Sep 2012 01:28 #1393 by magic_marty
need help please!! was created by magic_marty
i tried to upload the deviation fw and it wont upload and now when i try to turn off my tx the screen blinks...it erased the devo firmware but failed to upload the deviation...i tried to reinstall the devo fw but it it says unable to find data for the device...

what did i do wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2012 01:35 #1395 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic need help please!!
What do you mean by 'it won't upload'?
You installed the devo8 dfu as 'firmware' and the 'lib' dfu as 'library'?
When you say the screen keeps blinking can you describe more explicitly what you see?
does it flash about once per second? If so, that is the watchdog kicking in.
Does it actually powr down when you turn off the Switch (does the light turn off?)

Can you get back to the 'program' screen? if you can't see it, then unplug the battery, turn off the Tx, plug in the battery and hold the 'Ext' button while powering on. This will get you back to the program screen. At that point your PC should recognize the Tx.

More
09 Sep 2012 01:42 #1397 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic need help please!!
the screen just flashes with the current picture it had...

i managed to get the devo firmware to reinstall but when i left DFU mode the screen looked all funky so i am trying to put the library back to see if it straightens it out...after several attempts i did get back to the upgrade screen...

after reinstalling the library i was using the screen still looks all funky i can see the model and timer ect...but the background is just a bunch of scribbles and pixals...

More
09 Sep 2012 01:45 #1398 by magic_marty
do i install the deviation library first then the firmware? or does it matter which is installed first?

More
09 Sep 2012 01:50 #1399 by magic_marty
woohoo i got it!! i installed the library first then the firmware and it is now working...

thanks a bunch!! im sure i will have many other questions and i can't thank you guys enough for all your work and help..

More
09 Sep 2012 01:53 #1400 by PhracturedBlue
you need to clarify your issue further.

can you get the devo firmware and library fully working exactly as it was with the original firmware?
If you are having issues, this should be your 1st goal. There isn't anything about Deviation that should prevent this from happening.

Once you've done that, load the Deviation firmware (but don't load the deviation library) and reboot.
You should get a black screen with text about entering USB mode, and your PC should ask if you want to format the drive.
Say yes. don't change any parameters (the drive will be ~4MB)

Now download the 'windows' version of deviation, and extract it. copy the contents of the 'filesystem' directory (not the dir itself, just the stuff inside it) onto the 'removable disk' that you just formatted (i.e. the transmitter).

Possibly the deviation library is corrupt. If so, the steps above will get you a full install, as well as indicating that is the issue.

More
09 Sep 2012 01:55 #1401 by PhracturedBlue
Also...don't panic.
As I said above, there is really no way that the deviation firmware can harm your Tx such that you can't get back to the original state. when in doubt, pull the battery, power off, then start up in Programming mode.

More
09 Sep 2012 02:03 #1403 by magic_marty
if i had a fixed ID on a model in the devo firmware will i need to clear it before the Deviation will bind to it?

More
09 Sep 2012 02:05 #1404 by PhracturedBlue
if you know the code, you can enter it into Deviation and it will use it without the need to rebind.

More
09 Sep 2012 02:13 #1405 by magic_marty
oops...i guess i should have wrote that down when i created it.Oh well i'll just clear it out and redo it..will the wk2801 rx's that wont use fixed ID with the 2801pro use fixed ID with the deviation fw?

thanks.

More
09 Sep 2012 02:17 #1406 by PhracturedBlue

magic_marty wrote: oops...i guess i should have wrote that down when i created it.Oh well i'll just clear it out and redo it..will the wk2801 rx's that wont use fixed ID with the 2801pro use fixed ID with the deviation fw?
thanks.

I didn't know there was such a thing. Probably not though. Deviation should be able to do the same thing that a WK2801 or WK2801Pro does, but probably not more.

More
09 Sep 2012 02:22 #1407 by PhracturedBlue
Also, have you been fully successful now?

If there is something wrong with the deviation-lib.dfu, I need to know about it so I can fix it.

More
09 Sep 2012 02:28 #1408 by magic_marty
it seems to be working nicely, i havent tried to bind it with anything yet but i will shortly...i been going through the menu ect and looking it over and all looks great!

More
09 Sep 2012 02:49 #1409 by magic_marty
i can't seem to figure out how to set the switches..i want to use the mix switch as the gyro sensitivity but haven't figured out to do it..also if i set the stick mode to 3 does it automatically reassign the channels? i don't want to bind it to a heli and have it go to half throttle all of a sudden..

More
09 Sep 2012 02:55 #1410 by PhracturedBlue
yes if you change the mode, it will change the input mapping. you should not change modes while the heli is powered on.

I recommend making use of the channel-display to see how your sticks and switches will affect the output.

I am not sure what the signal to the gyro should look like.
But generally the way you would set up a switch is:
a) setup a dr/expo mixer.
b) select mix0 as src
c) select mix1 as sw1
d) select mix2 as sw2

set the scalar on mix0 to -100
sect th scalar on mix1 to 0
st the scalar on mix2 to 100
now you should have -100% with mix=0, 0 with mix=1, 100% with mix=2

More
09 Sep 2012 06:38 - 09 Sep 2012 09:08 #1411 by magic_marty
had no problems getting it to bind to my 2801 heli's but i can't for the life of me figure out how to get it set up correctly..i followed the manual for setting up a heli and no luck getting the collective pitch to work correctly ..the channel moniture screen shows the correct outputs but the servos are not moving like they should...it shows 3 out puts on the screen but only 2 servos move when i move the throttle stick...if i select none on swash type i get the rite movements for aileron and elevator but unless i select 120 for the swash i got no collective pitch at all..

update: i managed to get the cyclic working pretty close but still need to do some tweaking...i had to set ele to cyclic 2 and ail to cyclic 1 ...

now for the big question does anybody know how to setup the gyro sensitivity ?
its usually set to the mix switch giving 3 different gyro settings but i can't figure how to get it to work as of know i have no tail gyro avtivity at all when i move the tail back n forth which means the gyro is not working ...

thanks all..
Last edit: 09 Sep 2012 09:08 by magic_marty.

More
09 Sep 2012 13:53 - 09 Sep 2012 13:54 #1413 by PhracturedBlue

magic_marty wrote: now for the big question does anybody know how to setup the gyro sensitivity ?
its usually set to the mix switch giving 3 different gyro settings but i can't figure how to get it to work as of know i have no tail gyro avtivity at all when i move the tail back n forth which means the gyro is not working ...

Likely we need to find out what channel the gyro data is sent on.
I would try putting building the gyro mix into a virtual channel and then assigning it to all the open channels (probably 5, 7, and 8 ). As I don't own a 2801, I have no way to test what channels map where.

I would appreciate it if you share your model.ini file in the 'Model Configs' section so others can make use of it.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2012 13:54 by PhracturedBlue.

More
09 Sep 2012 14:31 #1415 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic need help please!!
In the DEVO 8 the gyro is ch 7, and I guess it is the ch 5 on the DEVO 6.
No idea about the 2801...

More
09 Sep 2012 16:55 #1420 by magic_marty
thanks, i will try your suggestion on using a virtual channel and see if i can find out which channel the gyro uses..soon as i get it working i will share the file ..

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds