Jumper T8SG crashed - Reloading firmware

More
07 Jul 2021 11:11 #77485 by JJLon
Ref: T8SG Plus Hall V3 - Installed with t8sg_v2-v5.0.0c4b4co

The LCD is now displaying corupted characters on all menu screens except the
  • 'standard main page' where it shows the current model data and the
  • 'about deviation' where the bottom half of the lcd screen displays the installed version correctly.

Screen navigation is possible by recognising the 'pattern' of each screen.

On entering USB mode (ent + power), I get a 'good' USB symbol & the usb drive is acknowledged on the PC (when the usb plug is connected). Windows indicates the usb is not formated, requesting 'please insert disk into USB drive'. The USB's Format menu is available but a format attempt responds with 'Windows was unable to complete the format'.

The LCD display is evidentlly ok & it looks like the a character map has become corrupted (rather than a hardware failure). But I see no way to reload any firmware. The Deviation Loader does not connect to the T8SG.

Does this mean my Jumper is now duff? Any suggestions to fix it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2021 13:02 #77486 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Jumper T8SG crashed - Reloading firmware
Try to use "Quick Format" option to format USB drive. Next, copy filesystem to USB drive from firmware archive. Next, use Safely Remove Hardware to disconnect USB drive.

More
07 Jul 2021 13:34 #77487 by JJLon
Replied by JJLon on topic Jumper T8SG crashed - Reloading firmware
Thanks for response, Quick Format doesnt work. I suspect the USB is not turned on. Where I believe the USB is enabled (press ENT to turn on USB) I get more than 2 options, whereas expecting 2 (on / off). Its like looking a hieroglyphics. Trying each doesnt seem to enable the USB.

More
07 Jul 2021 14:06 #77488 by JJLon
Window's Disk Management see's 4MB Unallocated, but I'm unable to do anything with it. Tried command line format, but unable to find a set of options to get it to work (format d: /fs:fat32 etc)

More
07 Jul 2021 16:28 #77489 by JJLon
Believe issue now resolved. Basically needed to use Command Line version of DISKPART. Now USB filesystem is read / writable, and i have been able to copy the firmware over & Jumper restarts ok. Just need to set up my model.

www.eassos.com/how-to/windows-was-unable...plete-the-format.php

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds