Lemon Rx 6 channel DSMP Receiver not binding to 7E

More
10 Jun 2022 14:58 #78007 by Overner
I recently bought a Lemon Rx 6 Channel DSMP (DSM2/DSMX) Receiver + Diversity Antenna to replace an old DSM receiver in a Gauge 1 Live steam locomotive but cannot bind in either dsm2 or dsmx protocol. I have read through the forum but could not find a solution, having tried binding with the Devo 7E 15ft away, with 4.0.1, 5.0.0 and the latest nightly build, tried selecting Orange option in protocol sub menu, removing fixed ID and changing channels to 6, but no success.
The Lemon Rx receiver binds fine with a Spektrum DX6i and an Eflite MLP4DSM DSM2 Tx.
An original Spektrum AR6210 with satellite receiver binds OK with the 7E in DSMX mode but in DSM2, both the flashing LED stops then flash slowly.
If I connect the AR6210 satellite to the Lemon Rx, the sat binds in DSMX mode but not the Lemon Rx, the led keeps flashing in binding mode.
I think I am resigned to the fact that this newer Lemon DSMP receiver will not bind successfully, but if others have experienced this problem and have found a solution I would be very interested to know ...

Thanks . Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2022 00:26 #78008 by McMullet
I had a very similar issue. From the RC Groups LemonRx support thread I gather that the newer Lemons have a different chip that is incompatible with the Devo 7e. I posted on here about it about 2 years ago but no one else seems to have the same problem.

I have found OrangeRx DSMX still work fine.

More
12 Jun 2022 10:45 #78011 by Overner
I saw your post but assumed a fix would have been available by now .. No problem, I have other Trannies I can use so it won't go to waste .. Thanks anyway ..

More
12 Jun 2022 19:30 #78012 by McMullet
Not that I've been able to find sadly. I also have a selection of Tx and Rx to use but it's annoying that this one combination doesn't work (got 2 Devos and probably 3-4 Lemons!).

This is the post on RC Groups for interest: www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3.../page20#post44305489

More
24 Dec 2023 09:16 #78342 by Falken Hawke
Replied by Falken Hawke on topic Lemon Rx 6 channel DSMP Receiver not binding to 7E
Came across this post earlier when my 7e wouldn't bind to a Lemon satelite (LM0037A). I'm posting now as I've accidentally come across a fix that I hope will help.

I changed the RF Module to a Devo10 4-in-1:

===>LINK<===

I changed the module to clean up my 7e and also get a full power module for DSMX. I figured two birds if I just change the module rather than mod the existing one and keep the extra modules and antenna(s).

I hope this solves the problem.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds