How to enable throttle hold in current devo8 build

More
11 Oct 2012 02:34 #2150 by suvsuv
I don't see the throttle hold setting in current devo8's GUI, and I found the following pins that might be related to thro hold. So I want to know how to set these pins

CYRF_WriteRegister(CYRF_11_DATA32_THOLD, 0x05);
CYRF_WriteRegister(CYRF_12_DATA64_THOLD, 0x0E);

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2012 03:25 #2151 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic How to enable throttle hold in current devo8 build
? i use throttle hold on mine are you sure its not there? i had to remap it to a different switch but its there...

More
11 Oct 2012 04:35 #2152 by FDR
Isn't that transmittion hold?

There is no dedicated throttle hold functionality in deviation as there is no dedicated throttle channel either.
I used to use the channel's safety feature for it, or alternatively you can use a plus complex mixer page too...

More
11 Oct 2012 04:51 #2153 by suvsuv
Thanks FDR. So I need to figure out a way to control and monitor throttle channel if I want to provide direct setting for Thro Hold feature. Do you and PB has any suggestion about it

More
11 Oct 2012 05:17 - 11 Oct 2012 05:21 #2154 by vlad_vy
Complex mixer - example at last page of User's Manual (page 21), page 4 of complex mixer, for 'Throttle Hold' used 'GEAR' switch.

Channel configuration - (page 14), Safety: [switch], Value: -100%.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2012 05:21 by vlad_vy.

More
11 Oct 2012 05:50 #2155 by flint723
by far the easiest way is to use the safety feature.

Click this.

Then set whatever switch you want and the safe value to -100.

Attachments:

More
11 Oct 2012 07:44 #2156 by FDR

suvsuv wrote: Thanks FDR. So I need to figure out a way to control and monitor throttle channel if I want to provide direct setting for Thro Hold feature. Do you and PB has any suggestion about it

If you want to implement your own traditional interface, which should have a fixed throttle hold feature, you have to determine first from the protocol, which channel is the throttle.
Then the question is, do you wish to use the current mixer functions in the background, or will you reimplement the whole operation from stratch. In first case the aforementioned safety feature is your best bet...

However in that case you should support some multi engine scenarios as well, and implement your throttle hold to take it into account...
In deviation any channel can be throttle, you can cut them all if you wish...

More
11 Oct 2012 08:36 #2157 by suvsuv
Thanks vlad_vy and FDR, now I understand how throttle hold works

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds