PB, request for code review and merge back

More
22 Oct 2012 06:20 - 22 Oct 2012 07:51 #2370 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic PB, request for code review and merge back
Just a thought, aren't the menu fonts a little too big? Main screen font size looks just right.

And main menu with 2 columns is a bit strange, I don't think there's a need for abbreviations there. one column should do it.

My apologies if this isn't the place to suggest this things though.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 22 Oct 2012 07:51 by sbstnp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2012 15:04 - 22 Oct 2012 15:15 #2378 by suvsuv
Replied by suvsuv on topic PB, request for code review and merge back

sbstnp wrote: Just a thought, aren't the menu fonts a little too big? Main screen font size looks just right.

And main menu with 2 columns is a bit strange, I don't think there's a need for abbreviations there. one column should do it.

My apologies if this isn't the place to suggest this things though.

Answer #1: The only reason to select 15px height is to display Traditional Chinese clearly, which requires at least 15x15 size.
For all other language fonts, 12px height should be more than enough, corret me if I were wrong as I only check with English, Simplified Chinese and French.

Answer #2: One column should be OK, but I just want to provide shortcuts for some most-frequent-use menu items. Similar to what PB did for the devo8, I will provide a main-menu-page-config page to let user customize this page

BTW, the main menu you saw is for the traditional mixer mode, new main menu for the deviation should show as below

Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Oct 2012 15:15 by suvsuv.

More
22 Oct 2012 15:59 #2379 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB, request for code review and merge back
I think we can get a font with cjk down to 13pixels high, though it may not look very good. It is a tedious process though, so not one I see a need to invest in right now.

More
22 Oct 2012 18:12 - 22 Oct 2012 18:16 #2381 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic PB, request for code review and merge back

suvsuv wrote: Answer #2: One column should be OK, but I just want to provide shortcuts for some most-frequent-use menu items. Similar to what PB did for the devo8, I will provide a main-menu-page-config page to let user customize this page

Most probably one column with proper words would be nicer. The menu is already shorter than on official firmware and probably no one really needs to quickly access this page very often. Maybe re-configuration would be and option, specify in an ini the items order?

Could fonts be switchable by language family? (I don't see why not, but how hard would it be?)

PS: I've built the sim and played a bit with it, but can't say how good it looks until I flash it on my 10.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 22 Oct 2012 18:16 by sbstnp.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds