Husban X4 Quadcopter work with Deviation software?

More
19 Oct 2012 22:44 #2349 by heliaddict
I've ordered a Husban X4 quadcopter and wondering if this would be compatible with Deviation software? I've heard that it may have it's own proprietary protocol.

If it helps I can strip TX down when I receive it and supply any part numbers if needed...

Here is a link: www.hubsan.com/products/HELICOPTER/H107.htm

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2012 23:09 #2356 by blackmoon
If you have the place inside, swap the rx for one of these boards, et voilĂ ... :D

Either DSM2 or Flysky (with a little mode to your TX) compatibility.

DSM2 LadyBird size board.

9imod.com/index.php?main_page=product_in..._85&products_id=2058

www.hobby-wing.com/dsm2-flight-control-board.html

Thread at RCGroups

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1745470

WLTOYS V939 board (flysky)

www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wltoys-V939-B...V939-05-p-49468.html

Myself, I'm thinking to go with the spares from the X4 (shell, props, maybe motors but the ones for the V939 are cheaper.

I'll use the v939 board only 8.5$, and see if my Hubsan Hybrid fly well :D

Btw is it possible for you to measure the inside of the shell, just to see if the V939 board will fit (thank you) ?

I don't think PB will take the time to reverse engineer Hubsan protocol, but who knows.

More
21 Oct 2012 14:38 - 21 Oct 2012 14:41 #2363 by heliaddict
Thanks for all the info on this.

I will check the size of the mount as soon as I receive this. I ordered this from www.directsource4u.co.uk/hbn-technologies/x4-mini-quadcopter over 2 weeks ago but still not received it. Seems like there are lots of customers still waiting as well.

I have a spare ladybird board so hopefully that will fit.

It would be awesome if there was someone out there that had the time, equipment & experience to manufacture an all-in-one module with all current popular RF chips.

PhracturedBlue mentioned this here www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22884834&postcount=1539 - I'm sure this would be a big project though:

"I'll eventually get around to adding support for the CC2500 module (which is needed for frsky among others). The instructions will likely be much like the Flysky instructions (you'll need to buy the module from ebay/aliexpress though). I have no ETA for that though.

What I'd really like to do is to design a module which has the 4 current RF chips (nrf24l01, cc2500, cyrf6936, A7105) with a single power-amp and antenna that could plug into the existing CYRF mounting point. That is a big project though, and not likely to be one I tackle right away."
Last edit: 21 Oct 2012 14:41 by heliaddict.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds