Deviation & Skyartec TX ???

More
26 Oct 2012 00:42 #2428 by dc59
Deviation & Skyartec TX ??? was created by dc59
Will Deviation support Skyartec protocol in the future ?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2012 01:58 #2429 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Deviation & Skyartec TX ???
See the FAQ.

I have a <insert brand> receiver, can it be supported?

The Walkera Devo transmitters use a CYRF6936 transceiver chip. In theory any receiver using this chip could be compatible with Deviation. It would, of course, require analyzing the protocol to make it work. There are 3 other common transceiver chips in the 2.4GHz RC domain: CC2500, A7105, NRF74L01. Modules for each of these can be purchased for ~$15 each from China. Currently Deviation supports the A7105 module for the Turnigy/Flysky protocol. I hope in the future to be able to support other transceiver chips as well. In order to support a new protocol, I need access to a Tx and an Rx, as well as detailed images of the transceiver circuit bord to identify the chipset. While I am happy to do protocol analysis, I limit protocol support to items that can be had for less than $50 US. So if it is possible to get a Tx and Rx in some form for less than $50, you can make a request, and I'll look into it. If the hardware costs more than that, I am unlikely to work on it unless you want to loan me your equipment (generally speaking, I work on a 'if I break it, I buy it' methodology, so your risk is quite low)

More
26 Oct 2012 05:49 #2432 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic Deviation & Skyartec TX ???
Thanks PB!

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds