No training mode?

More
07 Dec 2012 05:26 #3732 by dawsonmobley
No training mode? was created by dawsonmobley
I was using my 7e as a slave in training mode with my devo8s with the walkera firmware to help people learn to fly but I can't find any way to make it work in deviation. Is training mode not supported? If not will it be at some point? If it is how to do I set it up?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2012 22:16 - 07 Dec 2012 22:18 #3759 by dawsonmobley
Replied by dawsonmobley on topic No training mode?
It's ok if it doesn't support training mode now but are there plans to add support later? It is usefull for teaching a novice the basics without risking my heli/quads. I even added a micro switch on the top corner of my 8s to allow quick switching from slave to master without having to take my thumbs off the sticks (or my eyes off the heli) so I hate to think I wasted my time and drilled a small hole in my 8s for nothing :(
Last edit: 07 Dec 2012 22:18 by dawsonmobley.

More
07 Dec 2012 22:34 #3762 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic No training mode?
I don't personally have plans for such a thing in the near term. I don't have any experience using a trainer, so I have no idea how it should behave. There are other things I'm likely to focus on before adding a training mode.

More
07 Dec 2012 23:03 #3763 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic No training mode?
As there is a PPM output protocol I think you can (may be) use Deviation as the slave? Not sure?

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

More
08 Dec 2012 16:07 #3796 by dawsonmobley

domcars0 wrote: As there is a PPM output protocol I think you can (may be) use Deviation as the slave? Not sure?

Maybe but that doesn't really do me any good since I have some non devo compatible models and the button I added for quick switching of control is on my 8s.

More
08 Dec 2012 16:22 #3797 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic No training mode?
Ppm input is also used for head tracking.. Could be useful. :)

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
10 Dec 2012 05:17 #3839 by dawsonmobley
Well, for the time being I can use my 7e in training mode with my old 2801pro tx but I'm limited to devo compatible rx's with that, aside from using an undersized tx that I'm not comfortable with.

I know a limited number of people will take advantage of it but adding in training mode functionality would be really nice for some of us if you ever get bored and want to add a new feature ;)

thanks for all your work, I'm now flying a nine eagles plane, two devo quads, two devo heli's and a 2801 heli all with the same tx....and if I get more into planes I won't have to buy a new tx, just compatable cheap rx's to go in a much cheaper arf plane.

More
11 Dec 2012 14:00 - 11 Dec 2012 14:28 #3876 by domcars0
I've just tested my Devo 10/Deviation as trainer on my WK2801Pro as master.
It works... I have just trimed all channels which were all away from zero.
It will be fantastic when I will be able to do the reverse (WK as trainer on Deviation as master) :P

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:
Last edit: 11 Dec 2012 14:28 by domcars0.

More
11 Dec 2012 21:26 #3892 by dawsonmobley

domcars0 wrote: I've just tested my Devo 10/Deviation as trainer on my WK2801Pro as master.
It works... I have just trimed all channels which were all away from zero.
It will be fantastic when I will be able to do the reverse (WK as trainer on Deviation as master) :P

Yeah, we need the deviation tx to be the master. I was actually surprised at how universally the trainer mode works among the walkera radios.

One thing I did not like about walkeras trainer implementation was the fact that you can't assign the trainer mode switch to a spot that can be reached without removing my thumb from the stick (or my eyes from the heli)so I wired a micro momentary switch to a switch it could be assigned too and put the micro switch in a spot I could easily keep my finger on while buddy boxing someone...works much better that way. Also helps to set your display to stay on all the time to avoid two button presses to switch control, one to turn the screen back on and one to switch control.

heres the thread on rcgroups where I show what I did if your interested.

More
11 Dec 2012 22:06 #3896 by domcars0
nice idea! Thanks.

More
16 Oct 2014 13:53 #26097 by kfinisterre
Replied by kfinisterre on topic No training mode?
Has there been a status change here? I saw somewhere that perhaps nightly supported this, and that there was a document floating around on how to set it up?

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds