Devo12s usb problem

More
27 Dec 2012 02:38 - 27 Dec 2012 20:25 #4291 by bigde
Devo12s usb problem was created by bigde
Hi I`m new to this forum...I appreciate the work been done. When I first found out about deviation I was impress but I had a devo12s and read that it might be a while before there's any software done for it so for Xmas I bought a devo8s. I have a lots walkera toys, dsm2 receiver and micros from horizon hobby which makes perfect sense to hack my devo8s. Anyway did everything with my devo and its working good. ...I decided to upgrade my devo12s with walkera software and unplug the USB by accident in usb mode. Now the blue light underneath devo12 logo stay on. even when turn off. When I turned it on, the little charging icon in top right corner of the screen, is on it think it's still plug in.. :blink: I reloaded the software from walkera but nothing work. Now I have to take out the lipo because it stays on forever. I contact walkera and was told the tech would get back to me...don't know how long it will take. Any of you have any suggestions for me. Even turned off that light is on... something happened with that usb. :sick:
Last edit: 27 Dec 2012 20:25 by bigde.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2012 03:57 #4293 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo12s usb problem
aborting during progamming should have no effect. At least on the Devo6/8/10, the bootloader is independent from the actual code, so abort may corrupt the firmware, but not the bootloader. I would re-download the file from walkera to ensure you have a clean version, and then re-upgrade, and see if it helps.

More
27 Dec 2012 05:08 - 27 Dec 2012 05:15 #4294 by bigde
Replied by bigde on topic Devo12s usb problem
I did upgrade the program already and it doesn't work. Is there a way I could format my devo12 and reload walkera software. If that doesn't work I'm gona have to put a switch to the lipo wire to turned it off :huh: . Thanks for replying fast.
Last edit: 27 Dec 2012 05:15 by bigde.

More
27 Dec 2012 06:11 #4295 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo12s usb problem
no there is no way to 'reformat' besides just doing a firmware upgrade. If everything is working except the off switch, it is likely that one of the passives attached to the switch is broken (or posisbly the current limiting diode, or even the switch itself). The switch pulls one of the I/O pins on the MCU low which causes the firmware to go into shutdown mode, saving all settings and powering down the MCU.

If other things are not working as well, it is typically an indication that the firmware is not installed properly, since the firmware is what actually executes the power-down. You can open your Tx and check the voltage on the switch to ensure the switch itself is working. I broke the one in my Devo8 at one point (my Tx has probably seen more on/off cycles than any other outside Walkera's labs), and replaced it with one from Radio Shack.

(The above is based on my knowledge of the Devo 6/8/10, the 12 could be different, though it is unlikely.

More
27 Dec 2012 06:23 #4296 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Devo12s usb problem
Some TXes have problems with a LiPo, try going back to NiMH and see if the problem persists. Somehow the higher voltage prevents them from turning off. The on/off switch isn't an actual current cut.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
27 Dec 2012 06:41 - 27 Dec 2012 06:43 #4297 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo12s usb problem

bigde wrote: I did upgrade the program already and it doesn't work. Is there a way I could format my devo12 and reload walkera software. If that doesn't work I'm gona have to put a switch to the lipo wire to turned it off :huh: . Thanks for replying fast.

Are you shure that you always perform 'Upgrade' firmware and library, but not 'Upload'? If you 'Upload' firmware or library, you corrupted firmware files and need again download firmware files from Walkera.
Last edit: 27 Dec 2012 06:43 by vlad_vy.

More
27 Dec 2012 14:41 #4301 by bigde
I always did an upgrade. This happen when I unplug the USB by accident...but could be a switch problem also,.. that would be an easy fix. I'm still waiting for walkera to reply something...with all the stuff I buy from them, they should reply. But I've tried before to get answer from them and they don't even bother replying.

More
27 Dec 2012 17:22 - 27 Dec 2012 19:30 #4305 by bigde
I've check the switch seem to be alright...it took 1 hour of digging. I had to unplug all wires to the main circuit board and removed that board to get to the switch. But no success. Now I upgrade to an old version of walkera software & library but nothing workes. That dam light is still on so. I removed the lipo again. :angry: ...Now something important I have to know and I need someone who knows what's going to happen if I removed the battery on the main curcuit board...is it just gona reset itself or it's not gona work ever again. I don't care if the library is all lost, just as long I turn off that f**%$%# :evil: blue light.
Thanks for replying. I really appreciate your help.
Last edit: 27 Dec 2012 19:30 by bigde.

More
28 Dec 2012 19:28 #4334 by bigde
I've tried removing the battery for 1hr on the main circuit board and all it did was reset the time....any suggestion.
Please reply.

More
30 Dec 2012 12:35 #4369 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Devo12s usb problem
Given everything you tried, I would conclusion above that you have a hardware/electronic failure.

Next I would trace the light's circuit and see what drives it and monitors the CPU pin that drives the light, see if it changes state on switch-off. Have you confirmed that the CPU is in fact powering down (easiest would be to measure the battery current drawn during ON and OFF states of the switch.)

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds