Devo RSSI?

More
11 Jan 2013 11:09 #4921 by phoxache
Devo RSSI? was created by phoxache
Hi all,

I've browsed the forum a few times, there's some really amazing stuff going on in here!

I got a Devo 7 with my Genius CP. Since then, I've bought about 5 or 6 extra RXs (702s & 802s) and I use them in all of my aircraft. I was initially going to upgrade to a new tx but I've never had a single problem with my Devo 7 and I've come to trust it with all my helis, quad and planes.

I've just got into FPV flying. So far everything is going really well!

I'm in the process of setting up my OSD which has an input for RSSI. As far as I can tell, there's no port for RSSI on any of the Devo rx. Not even the mighty RX1202!

Does anyone have any ideas on getting RSSI information from a Devo rx? I thought if anyone knew it'd be you guys!

P.S. This got me thinking about just how many models I use my Devo 7 to fly. Here's the list of models in the memory!

Genius CP
QR Ladybird
Bixler 2
Bixler 2 FPV
Phase 3 Squall
F22 Raptor (Scratch Build)
Durafly Zephyr
Twinstar 2
Focke Wolf FW190

I REALLY want to keep using the Devo but the lack of RSSI is a pain in the ass for FPV.

Cheers in advance!

phox.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2013 20:45 #4935 by MatCat
Replied by MatCat on topic Devo RSSI?
Hey I think you emailed me today :) To answer your question I have yet to figure out if the RX's produce an RSSI to begin with, BUT they are atmel AVR chips, which I know enough about to figure out if we can put custom firmware on the RX ;) BUT all my RX's are in planes, if anyone is willing to send me a devo RX for taking apart purposes I would be more then happy to take it apart and hook up the chip to a programmer and see if the lock bit is set, if it's not then programming one with a custom firmware should be pretty easy to do. Also I need to do some research into what radio is used on the RX, I am going to assume it's probably the same as in the TX, or very similar.

One thing I noticed about most DEVO Rx's is there is usually a battery connection with all 3 pins, and looking thru the semi-translucent casing it appears to be hooked up to the chip, if RSSI info is available from the radio then that would be a perfect pin to output RSSI.

More
29 Jul 2013 18:55 #12602 by maxjos
Replied by maxjos on topic Devo RSSI?
Hi - did you make any progress on this? I would be interested to see support for RSSI as well..

M

More
03 Aug 2013 05:25 #12737 by adabman
Replied by adabman on topic Devo RSSI?
I would also like to get rssi from devo rx's for fpv/osd. I would donate an rx if needed. I have a new rx701 on the shelf i dont need right now..

Deviation :) 1 TX to rule them all...

More
19 Jul 2019 16:25 #74770 by yoodog
Replied by yoodog on topic Devo RSSI?
Up.. got new abus Walker RX and would love to get rssi up on my Betaflight Airbot f7v2 FC osd

Any advice ?

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds