Confusion in Trim

More
04 Apr 2013 06:37 - 04 Apr 2013 06:39 #8487 by cmpang
Confusion in Trim was created by cmpang
Come back to the TRIM function. I am flying in Mode 1, that is Thottle on Right and ELE on Left.

My TRIM page is:

and the trimming action :

you see the trimming works as if the Trim knob operates in Mode 1 (Thottle in Right hand side trim) but the graphicall dispaly in Mode 2 (Thottle in Left hand side)
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Apr 2013 06:39 by cmpang.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2013 06:45 - 04 Apr 2013 07:17 #8488 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic Confusion in Trim
I think trims bars display don't care about the Mode ... left vertical trim bar is the throttle trim whatever is the TX Mode ....
[EDIT] Oups sorry I just test it on my Devo10, it works! If I change my TX mode (from 2 to 1), TH trim bar become the right vertical one ...
In fact the bug come from the TRIM Config Page .. If you are in Mode 1, You have to setup the ELE INPUT to setup the throttle TRIM :-( ...
In your actual config (Mode 1), you will probably see (on the Channel output page) that when you act on the left vert trim, this is the ELE output which is affected.

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:
Last edit: 04 Apr 2013 07:17 by domcars0.

More
04 Apr 2013 06:57 #8490 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic Confusion in Trim

domcars0 wrote: I think trims bars display don't care about the Mode ... left vertical trim bar is the throttle trim whatever is the TX Mode ....
[EDIT] Oups sorry I just test it on my Devo10, it works! If I change my TX mode (from 2 to 1), TH trim bar become the right vertical one ...

I think it is natural to expect the trim bar display should sit on the same side of the trim knob...

More
04 Apr 2013 07:19 #8491 by domcars0
Sorry, you are right, after several tests the issue is well from the display
which don't care about the TX Mode...

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
04 Apr 2013 07:21 #8492 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Confusion in Trim
I think the assumption of cmpang is really natural.
I propose you file a ticket at bitbucket.

More
04 Apr 2013 08:03 - 04 Apr 2013 08:04 #8494 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Confusion in Trim

domcars0 wrote: Sorry, you are right, after several tests the issue is well from the display

No, I think the display causing the error, because it DOES care about the tx mode which it shouldn't do, that's why it mixes up the bars.

On the trim page cmpang has configured TRIMRV+ (and TRIMRV-) for the throttle trim, which is correct. It means "TRIM Right Vertical", so it should also always displayed at the right vertical bar...
Last edit: 04 Apr 2013 08:04 by FDR.

More
04 Apr 2013 08:06 #8495 by cmpang

FDR wrote:

domcars0 wrote: Sorry, you are right, after several tests the issue is well from the display

No, I think the display causing the error, because it DOES care about the tx mode which it shouldn't do, that's why it mixes up the bars.

On the trim page cmpang has configured TRIMRV+ (and TRIMRV-) for the throttle trim, which is correct. It means "TRIM Right Vertical", so it should also always displayed at the right vertical bar...

yes the actual trim is correct as you can see in the display box showing a new value of -11%
it is the display that caused the confusion and is major cause you have no time to think when trimming a plane, especially during a maiden flight

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
04 Apr 2013 09:34 #8498 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Confusion in Trim
I am working on a new gui for Devo12 now and the trim association is a point which did not work straight forward so I decided to solve this later.
But when something does not behave as I expected maybe my code works correct but does simply produce not the same results as deviation does actually?
I am really interested in the result, but my testing facilities are limited until the evening.

More
04 Apr 2013 11:49 #8509 by domcars0

FDR wrote:

You're right ...

More
04 Apr 2013 12:22 - 04 Apr 2013 13:12 #8512 by domcars0
Hey,
I think I've just understand the trim setup (strange) Logic.
In fact, on the Config Trim Page :
The line number is the display bar trim Number which are numered like this :
#1 = Left Vert Display Bar TRIM
#2 = Right Vert Display Bar TRIM
#3 = Left Horiz Bar DisplayTRIM
#4 = Right Horiz Bar DisplayTRIM
#5 = Second Left Vert DisplayBar TRIM
#6 = Second Right Vert Bar Display TRIM

This seems to be due to the fact that it is possible to setup a trim
with 2 differents buttons trim (sorry for my frenglish)
For example (to be clearer)
Input: <THR>
Trim -: TRIMLV-
Trim +: TRIMRH+
Trim Step: <0.1>

Last edit: 04 Apr 2013 13:12 by domcars0.

More
04 Apr 2013 15:17 #8520 by cmpang

domcars0 wrote: Hey,
I think I've just understand the trim setup (strange) Logic.
In fact, on the Config Trim Page :
The line number is the display bar trim Number which are numered like this :
#1 = Left Vert Display Bar TRIM
#2 = Right Vert Display Bar TRIM
#3 = Left Horiz Bar DisplayTRIM
#4 = Right Horiz Bar DisplayTRIM
#5 = Second Left Vert DisplayBar TRIM
#6 = Second Right Vert Bar Display TRIM

This seems to be due to the fact that it is possible to setup a trim
with 2 differents buttons trim (sorry for my frenglish)
For example (to be clearer)
Input: <THR>
Trim -: TRIMLV-
Trim +: TRIMRH+
Trim Step: <0.1>

thanks for your effort domcars0, In fact, the line number ordering of the TRIM page was raised one month ago:

www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...set-up-the-trim#7110

technically speaking, your example can be done for sure.. but in practice, why we have to do it that way?

More
09 May 2013 02:14 #9722 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Confusion in Trim
I can't duplicate this behavior on the devo7e, 8, 10, or 12.
Is it still possible to reproduce this? As far as I know, I didn't apply any patches that would change the behavior.

The right-trim is always tied to the right bar for me. If you can reproduce it, please provide a model.ini and tx.ini that shows the behavior.

As far as why the trim can have different +/- values it is due to the original plan for virtual channels which will eventually use the same system.

More
10 May 2013 04:43 - 10 May 2013 04:45 #9781 by cmpang

PhracturedBlue wrote: I can't duplicate this behavior on the devo7e, 8, 10, or 12.
Is it still possible to reproduce this? As far as I know, I didn't apply any patches that would change the behavior.

The right-trim is always tied to the right bar for me. If you can reproduce it, please provide a model.ini and tx.ini that shows the behavior.

As far as why the trim can have different +/- values it is due to the original plan for virtual channels which will eventually use the same system.

something very strange that while I attemp to flash my D10 back to Deviation v3 (along with updating fs) from the suv version, the transmitter keep popping up a Ch3 warning despite I attempt to bypass it by pressing ENT..
Release 3.0.0 and the latest nightly release the same..
still struggling ...
Last edit: 10 May 2013 04:45 by cmpang.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds