Devo Fixed ID, am I doing this right?

More
30 Apr 2013 23:30 #9428 by Hexperience
Devo Fixed ID, am I doing this right? was created by Hexperience
So I just upgraded to 3.0 and I had to clear the fixed ID on my v500 (2702v-d) but I've noticed I've had to do it at other times as well.

So what I've been doing is start with a cleared ID, then bind. Then I just hit the fixed ID button and I see the ID that the RX and TX choose. I then just hit done and continue to use that ID. Is that the best way to do it? Or is that why I seem to have to clear the ID's once in awhile?

I've had some problems in the past using fixed ID on dsm protocols as well. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong?

Cheers!

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2013 11:39 #9446 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Devo Fixed ID, am I doing this right?
Hi Hex

Every time I use a different Devo TX on a model I have to clear the fixed Id on the receiver. I cannot remember any other cases where it was necessary.

Interestingly after changing the Devo8 RF module to a Devo8s module, I also had to clear all the fixed IDs and re-apply them. I have no idea why that would be necessary unless there is some ID in the RF module which is used to hash the bind code.

More
01 May 2013 14:41 #9449 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic Devo Fixed ID, am I doing this right?
I cannot bind my RX701 with Devo 10 after version 3.0. So the D10 is now sitting on the shelf collecting dust..

My 7e is hacked with Galee and works fine...

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds