FMODE switch failed

More
03 May 2013 07:14 - 03 May 2013 07:16 #9492 by ColdFire
FMODE switch failed was created by ColdFire
Nothing to do with deviation firmware ... post here because everyone use DEVO so might be easier to get an answer.
The FMODE switch suddenly failed on my DEVO10, wonder if anyone know where I can get a replacement.
Thanks!
Last edit: 03 May 2013 07:16 by ColdFire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2013 07:56 #9494 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic FMODE switch failed
My RUD_DR switch fell apart (the lever came out) once.
I've ordered some from hobbyone.com.hk
Contact them by email, they are helpful and can ship parts with HK Post for $5...

More
03 May 2013 09:22 - 03 May 2013 09:22 #9497 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic FMODE switch failed
I broke my FMODE on my Devo10 as well. Ordered a bunch from hobbyone because I couldn't find the flat handle type locally. But, in the meantime I bought some from a parts shop nearby and they worked ok.

This is what I used temporarily:

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 May 2013 09:22 by sbstnp.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
03 May 2013 11:01 #9502 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic FMODE switch failed
It's only difficult to get switches with the longer arms...
From the electrical side a 3-position-switch is a switch which connects the middle pin to the left (pos0), none (pos1) or the right (pos2) pin. Such should be available at any electronic component dealer. Sizes are standard; watch for the hole diameter.

More
03 May 2013 15:27 #9507 by ColdFire
Replied by ColdFire on topic FMODE switch failed
Thanks guys! I'll take a look at hobbyone. I will probably also try my luck at local Frys.
currently I am using MIX for mode switch. I am a little bit concern about the quality issue as I am not a heavy user at all.

More
03 May 2013 15:29 #9508 by ColdFire
yeah I took it out and measured with multimeter. FMODE0 does not work since the it remains open ...

rbe2012 wrote: It's only difficult to get switches with the longer arms...
From the electrical side a 3-position-switch is a switch which connects the middle pin to the left (pos0), none (pos1) or the right (pos2) pin. Such should be available at any electronic component dealer. Sizes are standard; watch for the hole diameter.

More
22 May 2013 03:14 #10220 by ColdFire
I ordered the switch from hobbyone ten days ago. EMS is the cheapest option but the are willing to offer me a discount so shipping is $15. however ... the tracking never worked and today I asked what was going wrong and they replied that due to some issue happened in custom clearance (they would not tell details) the EMS is coming back to hobbyone and they are going to ship it using UPS to me ...
currently I am using the switch bought from Jameco, it works but does not feel as good.

ColdFire wrote: Thanks guys! I'll take a look at hobbyone. I will probably also try my luck at local Frys.
currently I am using MIX for mode switch. I am a little bit concern about the quality issue as I am not a heavy user at all.

More
22 May 2013 04:34 #10222 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic FMODE switch failed
I stopped using hobbyone lately for parts and whatnot. They returned to their old habit of charging too much for shipping and suffered a decline in their customer service quality.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
22 May 2013 04:42 - 22 May 2013 04:44 #10224 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic FMODE switch failed
Possible Airtronics toggle switches will fit.

www.amainhobbies.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=toggle

Technical Specification

www.rapidonline.com/pdf/75-0082e.pdf
Last edit: 22 May 2013 04:44 by vlad_vy.

More
22 May 2013 05:21 #10227 by Fishfiend
Replied by Fishfiend on topic FMODE switch failed
I dropped my devo 8s and broke a switch, Ive replaced them before on my old wk2801 pro, but I was going to the field that day, so I took the switch apart and it was possible to repair it, as the rocker mechanism had popped out of place. If yours hasn't broken off it is possible to repair it. Give it a go you've got nothing to lose. Mines worked fine since

Good Luck

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds