Hello, and help required with a flybar 450 swash!

More
14 May 2013 20:25 #9984 by Kernowmcrae
Hi guys and girls, good evening. I've been using my DEVO 10 with Deviation v2.1.0 since I took up the hobby at Christmas, and it's been fantastic - I've got a Hirobo Sceadu 50 which I fly on DSM2, A couple of planes, a Blade NCPX and a Walkera MINI CP, all of which are perfect, i've even enjoyed drawing logos for each one and copying them to the transmitter!

Unfortunately I appear to have hit the limits of my abilities setting up my latest purchase, a Hobbyking HK450V2 (Trex 450 clone)...

I'm using an Orangerx DSM2 receiver, and have a 3 servo 120 degree swash plate - the issue i'm having is setting up the pitch movement, I currently have each servo moving independently, but can't for the life of me figure out what to change to make them move in sync! My Hirobo uses a single pitch servo, so i've never had to do any CCPM setup - my micro helis are all flybarless, so their config files are useless too!

I've attached my config file, could someone shed some light on what i'm doing wrong? I've even tried to find out how to access the Template for a 6 channel heli, but can't find the right section in the menus on the Devo 10!

Help??
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
14 May 2013 20:45 #9985 by rbe2012
There is a quite good HowTo from Hexperience . Have you looked at this?

More
14 May 2013 20:51 #9986 by Kernowmcrae
Replied by Kernowmcrae on topic Hello, and help required with a flybar 450 swash!
Hi, thanks for your reply, I've read that walkthrough, but it refers to flybarless helis - I'm assuming my setup is different? I need the radio to do the mixing, not the flybarless unit (because I haven't got one!)

Am I on the right lines, or am I missing something? I've been working on this for a week now, it's driving me mad! :-)

• rbe2012
More
14 May 2013 20:57 #9987 by rbe2012
Oops, sorry. But there is a HowTo for FB helis too ( at least some discussion ).
And you can't find anything in the Devo10 manual? Haven't looked inside yet, but I expect it to be as complete as the one for Devo8.

The way to the template is "1. Model menu", "2. Model setup" "File", then right until "Template" occurs. Choose the 6-Ch Heli template and you will have a good starting point.

More
14 May 2013 21:01 #9988 by Kernowmcrae
Replied by Kernowmcrae on topic Hello, and help required with a flybar 450 swash!
Blimey- I've been searching for that for AGES! I was opening the list of files rather than just pressing right... Thanks for that! What happens when I choose the template, does it overwrite any parts of my current config file? I've read and re-read the manual but it doesn't mention exact setup tips as far as I can see either.

More
14 May 2013 21:05 - 14 May 2013 21:17 #9989 by Kernowmcrae
hmm.. just got to the page for loading a template, but although it says "press ENT" to load, I can't select any of the templates by pressing any of the buttons!

UPDATE: I managed to hold down one of the keys by pure fluke, and it let me in - having loaded the config file it does appear to have overwritten most of my values I've set - also, the elevator control appears to use only the front servos, which I understood to carry out aileron control only? The rear servo in the anti-rotation mount only provides pitch adjustment, and ignores elevator inputs - some more fiddling required... I can't wait to get this one in the air, but it's currently being decidedly naughty.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 May 2013 21:17 by Kernowmcrae.

More
01 Nov 2013 01:15 #15180 by Zaphod
Hi - did you manage to resolve this? If so - how?

• rbe2012
More
01 Nov 2013 06:34 #15189 by rbe2012
This question is quite old.
In the actual version it works like expected - one entry is highlighted and loaded when pressing ENT.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds