Mid flight TX reboot

More
11 Sep 2013 05:13 #13699 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Mid flight TX reboot
He talked about the reboot without powering off. The ones caused by the watchdog usually...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
11 Sep 2013 05:22 #13700 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Mid flight TX reboot
You're right, my fault.
It might be possible to write the channels somewhere in the RAM together with some magic word which will be forgotten if powered off. This could be a way to give a fast re-initializing and re-binding.

More
30 Sep 2013 17:41 #14176 by notyet
Replied by notyet on topic Mid flight TX reboot

rbe2012 wrote: This is a good idea, but it will only be useful if the environment conditions do not change while the tx is powered off.

\

Presumably, this time would be brief. Something could always have jumped on those channels in the second we were powered off, but I suppose that could have happened even if we weren't powered off.

More
26 Jan 2014 20:10 #19208 by Rollmops67
Replied by Rollmops67 on topic Mid flight TX reboot
Had a Devo 10 with deviation 3.0.0 reboot today (with a 140 $ bill :( )
Does someone know if this reboot problem is solved in Deviation 4 ?

TIA for your answers !

Roland

More
26 Jan 2014 20:24 #19214 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Mid flight TX reboot
I'm only aware of 2 reboots with 4.0.1, neither of which are likely to happen in flight:
1) using the 'Reset' button on the model page with a non-Devo protocol. The fix for this has been checked in already
2) holding 'R+' on the standard-gui menu on a devo8. Ihave a fix for this in the pipeline.

I have not heard of any other reboots with 4.0.1. It is much more stable than 3.0 was.

More
26 Jan 2014 21:18 - 26 Jan 2014 21:18 #19229 by Rollmops67
Replied by Rollmops67 on topic Mid flight TX reboot
Thank you PhracturedBlue.

Upgrade to V 4.0.1 done half an hour ago after FDR's advice!

Seems to work, had just to play a little with the my main pages configs.

Regards, Roland
Last edit: 26 Jan 2014 21:18 by Rollmops67.

More
01 Feb 2014 03:45 #19543 by skyheli
Replied by skyheli on topic Mid flight TX reboot
I actually had a reboot on a Devon 8S while I was flying my Nitro heli. Lucky for me that it was at a low hover. It went into fail safe and the throttle slowly closed and landed lightly on the side. Dented the blade at the root.

My crash code is similar to what was shown in previous posts. I went back to the 2.1.1 version. I had no problems with that version.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
01 Feb 2014 08:05 #19578 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Mid flight TX reboot
skyheli,
we feel with you for that crash.
But please tell us which version of deviation you use (before 4.0?). There were so many improvements in stability of the code in 4.0 that it is not recommended to use earlier versions.

More
02 Feb 2014 01:16 #19663 by skyheli
I have a Gas heli using the RX 2702V-d from walkers. I had been using version 2.1.1 and it was very stable to me. No problems at all. I decided to upgrade to the 3.0 code and there is when I had the reboot. I didn't even realized the TX rebooted until I saw the screen after the heli went into fail safe. Lucky for me it was only a set of blades. Everything else was fine. I had an extra pair.

The 2.1.1 code has been working great for me on the Devo 8S. I did want the better upgrade to DSM X but I will wait to see. I really don't need a reboot in mid flight with a gas heli.

So you are saying the 4.0 code will not reboot the TX while flying?

More
02 Feb 2014 01:22 #19664 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Mid flight TX reboot
4.0.1 has been out for a month now, and there has not been a single report of a reboot during flight. There are 2 known reboot bugs in 4.0.1, both of which occur only in the menus, and would not be something you'd see while flying. Those have been fixed in the development code, but not officialy released. I am planning to release 4.0.2 with just those fixes soon while we continue work on the next release.

There is no question that 4.0.1 is the most stable Deviation release to date.

More
02 Feb 2014 04:22 #19668 by skyheli
Thanks. I will try 4.0.1 on my smaller electrics and quad for a while before I fire up the nitro heli.

I want to try DSMX. Thanks for all the development with the software. I like the flexibility !

More
04 Mar 2014 10:22 #21166 by RandMental

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds