Where/how to get devo 12S spares ?

More
18 May 2013 17:26 - 18 May 2013 17:30 #10102 by th9xer
Where/how to get devo 12S spares ? was created by th9xer
Hi,

So I have decided to graft part of the rear case from a JR transmitter to the back of a Devo 12S, reason being to get a modular Devo 12S.

I already have a JR case rear to sacrifice, but I want a spare Devo 12S case rear, so a) I am covered if I mess it up, and b) If I ever want to sell it I can put it back to stock.

I have Skype'd Walkera, the messages queue and never go anywhere, I have tried MSN only to be told the (Walkera) profile doesn't exist, I tried emailing the This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. address from the website only to have it bounce, and I have messaged them on their own website without success.

What's a guy to do, any ideas ?
Last edit: 18 May 2013 17:30 by th9xer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2013 10:44 #10139 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Where/how to get devo 12S spares ?
I have been looking to use modules as well but my main problem is that the devo 12 is only running on 3.7 volts. Are you going to use 1 higher voltage battery with a drop down to power the devo12 or an additional battery just for the modules?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
21 May 2013 21:57 #10215 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic Where/how to get devo 12S spares ?

More
21 May 2013 23:21 #10216 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Where/how to get devo 12S spares ?
I have thought about that but I think it better to run a 2 cell and a 4v ubec to run the radio... ???

Would uping the voltage off of a 1 cell cause it to drain reallh fast?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
22 May 2013 00:38 #10219 by th9xer
Replied by th9xer on topic Where/how to get devo 12S spares ?
I was just going to roll my own modules using the Spektrum module case ( www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ArticleID=2126 ) and the various modules that people are already connecting to the Devo.

More
04 Jun 2013 17:24 #10560 by th9xer
Replied by th9xer on topic Where/how to get devo 12S spares ?
I got a hold of Walkera in the end, I used Skype. Unfortunately they don't keep case rears on stock and had no date for when they would have them in. I think that may have been the polite way of saying "never".

Worse than that my idea is flawed in that most of the additional modules require 6 connections: DI DO CLK CS +ve GND, and standard external module connections are only 5 pin. Bit of an oversight on my half :(

I suppose I could combine pins with level shifting etc. back to the drawing board.....

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds