NO going back?

More
29 May 2013 15:32 #10407 by eugene
NO going back? was created by eugene
I put the deviation firmware on and now cant go back to devention all I get is a gray screen, got told I cant go back to original witch kind of sucks because I would like to go back..... :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2013 15:37 #10408 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic NO going back?
You need wait while Walkera release to public new firmware Devo 8s v1.0. Or you need request that firmware from Walkera support.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
29 May 2013 15:55 #10409 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic NO going back?
This seems to be the next user who installed deviation on a Devo8 with the changed LCD screen.
We (not me, don't have rights) should place a good visible warning.
Do we have any chance to see the difference before the screen stays gray? Will the dfuse-tool mention something what differs to the older versions?

More
29 May 2013 16:30 #10410 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic NO going back?
RBE2012, although I feel for Eugene and anyone new for that matter, how else other than on the front page in bold where it is already "NOTE: Deviation is experimental software. There are no guarantees made or implied about the quality or reliability of this software." Need not have been the LCD, Walkera could change other parts without warning in future too ... just need to be careful and prepared before you pull the trigger.
Eugene, hang in there, hopefully Walkera will publish it soon.

Adelaide

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
29 May 2013 17:00 #10411 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic NO going back?
stevecox,
if we know that there is a great possibility to run into an issue we should post it loud and clear.
The existing warning is for anybody who wants to use deviation. I would like to have a special warning for Devo8-users.

PhracturedBlue,
do you see a chance to publish a v3.0.1 for Devo8 which supports both display types (with no other changes)? I believe some people might be afraid to install a nightly build.

More
29 May 2013 18:07 #10412 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic NO going back?
eugene, this is a wonderful opportunity to just take the plunge and learn how to use Deviation. You'll love it. There is absolutely zero technical reasons to go back. The only reasons I can imagine are you being afraid, or seeming too much of a challenge, or having the "buyers remorse" and missing the old familiar environment. Just hang in there, read the manual and where you don't understand just ask.

Good luck!

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
29 May 2013 19:17 #10415 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic NO going back?
Can someone tell me precisely how to distinguish a new Devo8 from an old one? I will update the site with this info.

More
29 May 2013 22:04 - 29 May 2013 22:06 #10421 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic NO going back?
I assume there is no way to "backup" the firmware from the defuse tool? If there is, and someone has a new devo8 they could send him the original firmware. Not to mention it would be good to be able to backup first regardless of the versions.

By the way?!?!? PB How's your firmware flasher coming along? ;)

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 29 May 2013 22:06 by Hexperience.

More
30 May 2013 04:00 - 30 May 2013 04:09 #10435 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic NO going back?

PhracturedBlue wrote: Can someone tell me precisely how to distinguish a new Devo8 from an old one? I will update the site with this info.

Before flash Devo 8s you can look the firmware version at Tx screen or inside battery box (sticker at the left from battery). Possible it will be v1.0. Definitely it will be not v0.8 or v0.9.
Last edit: 30 May 2013 04:09 by vlad_vy.

More
30 May 2013 04:51 #10438 by vanwadiver
Replied by vanwadiver on topic NO going back?
I can confirm that the sticker in the battery compartment ends with "1.0A" on newer models that exhibit this problem.

Cheers...

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds