Devo 10s vibrate motor alway on after A7105 module

More
08 Jun 2013 01:34 #10703 by Martian
I just attempted to install the A7105 module from my WL Toys V929 into my Devo 10 but when I powered it on the vibrate motor stayed on no matter what I did. I can see the motor spinning when I power it up. It gives a short hard vibration on power up but then instead of turning off it just keeps going at a low drone. Menu navigation appears to be working normally. gimbals and switches register normally in the monitor screen. I haven't tested much else as I don't want to burn up the vibrate motor.

I removed the A7105 and carefully inspected for any shorts and don't see any. I really have no idea what could be causing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HELIs: V929, MCX2, MSR, Nano CP X
TX: Devo 10 (Deviation 3.0.0)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2013 02:59 #10705 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo 10s vibrate motor alway on after A7105 module
does it vibrate if you go into usb mode?
I can build a custom dfu that disables the vibration altogether just to see what happens, but more likely you have a short somewhere that is powering the vibration motor when it shouldn't.

More
08 Jun 2013 04:13 - 08 Jun 2013 04:34 #10709 by Martian
Thanks for the reply PB. I triple checked all connections and then decided to test it out a little more to see if anything else wasn't working.

Everything I tested worked even though the vibration motor was still faintly going. It was even faintly on in USB mode and programming mode.

I decided to go ahead and test the Flysky protocol and as soon as I selected "Flysky" the vibration motor stopped. The vibration motor does still work, it just stopped running constantly when I selected "Flysky" and the problem hasn't returned. I was able to bind to my V929 and fly a little bit. Unfortunately my rudder channel (channel 4) has gone spaz and now my TX is pretty much unusable :( In the channel monitor Ch 4 bounces from around -40 to around 0 randomly. makes it kinda hard to fly when your bird is twitch like crazy! That's probably a topic for another thread...

At least the vibration motor stopped.

HELIs: V929, MCX2, MSR, Nano CP X
TX: Devo 10 (Deviation 3.0.0)
Last edit: 08 Jun 2013 04:34 by Martian.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds