Getting ready for next release

More
04 Jul 2013 04:57 #11846 by PhracturedBlue
Getting ready for next release was created by PhracturedBlue
I have implemented all the features I plan to for the next release.
I have introduced a lot of new code recently and much of it is very lightly tested. So the next few weeks will be spent cleaning up any interface issues, fixing bugs, and generally polishing for release.

I wouldn't recommend translators to start yet. The new datalogging, telemetry and virtual-switch capabilities are very rough and may need significant changes between now and release.

However, anyone who is willing to run the nightlies should report back whatever issues you find (ideally on bitbucket). I heavily rely on users to test the code and provide feedback, and the health of the next release will mostly be in your hands.

As noted above, there have been a lot of code churn lately, and stability is likely worse than usual. I would not recommend using the nightlies on anything you can't afford to fall out of the sky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2013 14:24 #12907 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Getting ready for next release
As I haven't been around for the past month, there's been no progress on stabilizing the code. Over the last few days, I've started chipping away at the bitbucket bug backlog. My focus is still on getting the release out as quickly as I can, so if you've been using the nightlies and have seen any problems, please file a ticket.
I am especially concerned about RandMetal's reboot issue ( bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/i...le-using-flysky-v911 ), as the debugger isn't helpful for his issue, and I haven't been able to reproduce it, so I have no idea what is going on. If anyone sees reboots with the nightlies, please send me the error (and elf) files

More
11 Aug 2013 15:07 - 11 Aug 2013 15:07 #12908 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Getting ready for next release
Welcome back, I hope you had a good vacation.

There is still one thing I think should be included in the next release.
splash_delay = 0

Isn't honored currently on Devo 10/7E. Pull request #66 has this fixed, but since I have no idea of your plans, kindly take this just as a reminder.

I've filed a ticket for this just now, since it seems I overlooked it for quite some time.

One more question, is this a good time to start working on translations?

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 11 Aug 2013 15:07 by sbstnp.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds