Signal strength warning

More
21 Jul 2013 15:24 #12403 by Kdean
Signal strength warning was created by Kdean
Im posting this to hopefully warn others that do this kind of thing.

When i program and adjust setting for a model in my tx ( devo12s ), i normally turn down the signal strength for that model to save tx battery power. What i offten forget to do is return the signal strength back up to flying output. I almost crashed my V400D02, and totally destroyed my plane by doing this.

I know the signal is displayed right on the main screen, but im not used to checking the signal because it was always constant with the 2801pro.

If enough people have the same problem i have, (forgetful), maybe we can ask for a "signal strength warning" at boot up. Like the binding pop up, and the throttle pop up (witch i wish i could turn off), it might be nice for a screen to let you know what the rx signal output is set at.

If you think its a good idea, drop a post here and i will try to put it in the bitbucket request list.

Hopefully it could get in before the next official release.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2013 18:50 #12406 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Signal strength warning

Kdean wrote: ....and the throttle pop up (witch i wish i could turn off)...

You can switch that off by deleting the safety section from the model ini file...

More
21 Jul 2013 20:36 #12411 by RRacer
Replied by RRacer on topic Signal strength warning

Kdean wrote: What i offten forget to do is return the signal strength back up to flying output.

+1

I did exactly that today, but luckily didn't crash.

There could be an extra setting in the model ini file where you put the safe power output, and if you are under that at boot/bind it should warn you.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds