noob needs help....

More
29 Jul 2013 19:44 #12603 by manhill
noob needs help.... was created by manhill
hi guys.
i purchased a brand new devo 8s (v1.0A). now i`m confused what version of deviation firmware i should use.
now can i use the official 3.0 deviation firmware or do i have to use the nightly build?
i know there is this thread going on ( www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...ning-about-recent-tx ) but it is just confusing me more.
a short answer would be highly appreciated. best regards,
hill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2013 19:52 #12604 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic noob needs help....
You have to use the nightly build, because the deviation v3.0.0 doesn't yet support the new LCD driver used in the v1.0 DEVO 8S...

More
29 Jul 2013 22:28 #12606 by manhill
Replied by manhill on topic noob needs help....
thank you very much, fdr. i see, i can use the nightly version 3.0.0. would i then later be able to update to the official 3.0.0 once it comes out? are there any disadvantages using the nightly build? what`s the difference between official and nightly anyways? would you update or wait? sorry for asking that much, i just don`t want to be "stuck" with this version...

More
30 Jul 2013 04:54 #12609 by FDR
Nightly builds are built every night if there were any changes in the code, so they are the most fresh, but yet untested versions.

The v3.0.0 is out, but doesn't work on your tx version. You can wait for the next release if you don't want to risk the nightlies, which probably will be the v4.0.0.

More
30 Jul 2013 19:07 #12624 by manhill
thanks again, fdr. so i understand that it`s critical to use the nightly version and i can`t use the official one. do you have a clue how long it might take until the next official version gets released? and one more last question: if i use the nightly build now, will i then be able to install a newer version once it comes out?

More
30 Jul 2013 19:36 #12626 by FDR
I don't know.
It depends mostly on PhracturedBlue, but he is gone recently, probably working hard on some other projects...

You can always upgrade to any new version.

More
30 Jul 2013 19:58 #12628 by manhill
ok, fdr, i`m gonna try the nightly build and use the devo for my less expensive models first, just to see if it`s stable. thank you for your time, man. i really appreciate it. take care, fdr. best regards,
hill.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds