Hardware query: Switch types & availability?

More
10 Aug 2013 07:42 #12884 by Damo
I managed to drop my devo 10 about 5 minutes ago, and it would appear the Rudder D/R switch top left took the brunt of the fall - after the incident it switched once, binding, and no longer switches. It (the actual lever) also is able to be pressed further into the case than the others.

Has anyone replaced one of these switches, and knows a supplier and part number of a compatible switch?

Thanks in advance,

Damo.

ps. I will be dismantling the unit to see if the switch is repairable, but I doubt it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2013 19:49 - 10 Aug 2013 19:49 #12894 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic Hardware query: Switch types & availability?
I don't have a Devo 10. But you can check HobbyKing for the switches used on the 9XR radio . I think they will be compatible.
Last edit: 10 Aug 2013 19:49 by Daryoon.

More
10 Aug 2013 22:44 #12896 by Damo
Thank you Daryoon, I think they will work ok.

Looking at the image, I may be lucky, the plastic switch block may have popped away from the metal top plate. I had better pull it apart and have a look.

Thanks again.

More
10 Aug 2013 23:24 #12897 by Damo
It was two issues - the switch block and plate/lever assembly had separated, and the impact had bent the switching plate inside the switch itself. Straightened the plate, reassembled the switch and its working 100%.

More
14 Aug 2013 22:51 #12982 by jason4207
Replied by jason4207 on topic Hardware query: Switch types & availability?
Good work!

I got extra switches for my Devo 7E at Radio Shack for future reference.

More
29 Aug 2013 23:21 #13381 by adabman
Replied by adabman on topic Hardware query: Switch types & availability?
Just a FYI.. I broke my gear switch on Devo 12S. These looked like a good match so I ordered a few: www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-SPDT-Flat-Shaft-Me...&hash=item43adfa930e

However, the threads were the wrong pitch, so the Devo nut would not wind on. Too bad, took weeks for shipping.

Deviation :) 1 TX to rule them all...

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds