Devo7e with USB sim cable

More
20 Aug 2013 15:21 #13049 by modemman
Devo7e with USB sim cable was created by modemman
Hi, noob here.

I got a Devo7e and flashed it with Deviation 3.0.0, which is pure awesomeness. That part was flawless. Love the emu, the file structure and all the unlocked features... so thank you for that!

I'm trying to hook it up to my Heli-X sim (or any other sim) but not sure what the procedure is, I came from the Spektrum world. On my DX5e and DX6i, I have this cable (USB Flight Sim Module Cable for JR by GWS) which I have to plug into the trainer port when the TX is off. Then I get a beep-bleep-bloop sound and everything connects.

Why bother with the Devo, when I have 2 functional TXs (I hear that question coming)? Well, the Devo7e is small and more confy to use for sims and now that it's hacked, it's like a mini computer. I know people don't appreciate it because of the low power radio, but I think it's got its place.

I tried using the same cable through Devo's trainer port but not sure what the procedure is, do I need to create a special profile and set things differently? Do I need to turn it on in some specific way (hold this then that then turn on, etc..) I know people had success with the soundcard thing, but I'd like to use the USB cable, isn't digital better, especially that the trainer port already sends digital output?

Can you please shed some light onto a confused noob? Your help is appreciated.

modemman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2013 17:16 #13050 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo7e with USB sim cable
Change model protocol to 'PPM', press 'Re-init' (Bind) button or switch off and switch on Tx.

More
20 Aug 2013 18:25 #13051 by modemman
Replied by modemman on topic Devo7e with USB sim cable
Thanks Vlad!

Naturally, I just noticed everything I needed on page 22 of the manual, under Protocols....

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds