Devo 7e limited range; what cold I get to improve?

• lorenzo.perelli1976
  • lorenzo.perelli1976's Avatar Topic Author
More
31 Aug 2013 08:17 #13407 by lorenzo.perelli1976
Devo 7e limited range; what cold I get to improve? was created by lorenzo.perelli1976
Hi,
I am new in this world and I have a Master cp with a devo 7e. So far so good I am quite happy about the Tx but last week I had a temporary range issue so now I am worried it could happening again and crash the model so I was wandering to replace the transmitter. Can anybody suggest me a good choice in the Devo Range ? I do not care about colored touch screen but I would like a product with a good range that could also be used in the future on larger model.
Thanks for your help!!
Lorenz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2013 19:04 #13423 by FDR
That would be a DEVO 10.

But do you know, that with a little soldering skill you can modify your 7E to have full range?

• lorenzo.perelli1976
  • lorenzo.perelli1976's Avatar Topic Author
More
01 Sep 2013 07:10 #13440 by lorenzo.perelli1976
Replied by lorenzo.perelli1976 on topic Devo 7e limited range; what cold I get to improve?
Hi, you mean shorting the diode under the shield? Yes I read about that but I am a bit scared of scrapping the radio doing something wrong. Another limit of devo 7 is the antenna, right? I read that because of the fact it cannot be bent vertical that could limit the range if you are pointing it horizontal. May be replacing the antenna could be another improvement? Do you have experience about that? Thanks a lot.

More
01 Sep 2013 09:10 #13444 by FDR
Yep, I'm talking about the diode mod, whitch BTW you can short with some conductive painting too, but you have to unsolder-resolder the shield anyway.

The antenna won't limit you with a 200 sized heli, but might ba a limiting factor with larger planes or FPV gear.

I just tried to save you a few bucks... ;)

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds