Can devo 6 be upgraded with any usb that fits usb

More
31 Aug 2013 09:05 #13408 by Helimaniac8
I have a devo six i bought with a genius 18 months ago. Really want to use deviation. I am confused on a few details. I have the files all downloaded to my computer and ready to go. I dont remember if there was a speacial update cable that came with thetx, if there was i no longer have it. I have plenty of usb cables that fot though, but am. Afraid to attenpt thedown load with them because i keep seeing reference to using "the cable that came wth your transmitter"
I see the upto updateadapter for devo 7 for sale, but that has a phono type or trainer jack end.
Will any mini usb cable work on devo 6 to run the dfus up
Oad tools or only walkeras?
Anyone knowwhere i can get the the specific devo 6 if i do need aspecial one?
I think i have seen update cables for otherdevosbesides 7 before, but never see devo 6 listed as compatible tx. I am dying to beable to grab one little tx and fly all my fleet, so really want to get this set up, your help is apreciated!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
31 Aug 2013 12:43 #13409 by rbe2012
You can use a standard mini USB cable. I use the first I get in my hands when I update my Devo8 and 12 - I never have mentioned problems.
In the forum there are a few posts where the dFuse tool has not recognized the transmitter - the recommendations were (1) to use another cable or (2) pull all other USB devices from your PC.

More
31 Aug 2013 16:07 #13413 by Helimaniac8
Replied by Helimaniac8 on topic Can devo 6 be upgraded with any usb that fits usb
You just made my day. I googled it, watched tom z, both videos, read every reference and could not answer that one way or another. I had everything all set to give this thing a try last night and then thought it couldscrew up mytx. Then it dawned on me that i could get an answer here in 2 minutes...... Due! :P

Time to create page: 0.025 seconds