Devo6S channels mixed up?

More
18 Sep 2013 11:45 #13880 by RoGuE_StreaK
Devo6S channels mixed up? was created by RoGuE_StreaK
Just picked up a second-hand Devo6S, which came as Mode 1 so I followed the Walkera instructions to change to Mode 2, then promptly flashed to Deviation 3.0, followed by nightly c960b8e (17/09)
I've got a Tom Z standard model file loaded, and I'm set to Mode 2, but I notice in the Channel and Input monitors that my Aileron and Rudder are mixed up? I tried a couple of things and can't get them to correlate to their appropriate sticks, any tips?
I checked out the wiring, and it seems that the wires from the two horizontal sticks (ie. rudder and aileron) cross over to opposite sides of the board, but from a layout/entanglement perspective this seems correct? I don't think any of the wires correlate to the silkscreen of the socket they are plugged into, but that seems like a moot point when you can chop and change in software.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
18 Sep 2013 15:09 #13882 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo6S channels mixed up?
There are modes 3 and 4 also - maybe something mixed up? If the cables are long enough I won't hesitate to swap the plugs.

More
19 Sep 2013 04:23 #13891 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo6S channels mixed up?
Switched to Mode 4 and the inputs/channels showed up correctly, but I wanted it to work properly as Mode 2 so pulled it apart and swapped the wires over. Can't find any photos of the internals of a stock 6S, so don't know if this is the way they were supposed to be originally or not, oh well, it's working.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds