Trainer controller for Devo 12

More
20 Sep 2013 14:34 #13925 by yellowbird911
Trainer controller for Devo 12 was created by yellowbird911
Have spent some time looking but no luck and considering the knowledge base here though I would ask.

Wish to train my daugher to fly fixed wing. Is it possible to use a Devo 4 or some other cheap transmitter to connect as a trainer to the Devo 12. I am currently using stock software until the widescreen Deviation is released.

Thanks for your input.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2013 21:05 #13943 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Trainer controller for Devo 12
You can with Deviation using the PPM-in function. I know you asked about the std software - based on my experience with Devo8s my guess is yes (but of course only if the Devo4 has a PPM output port)

More
21 Sep 2013 17:39 #13961 by yellowbird911
Replied by yellowbird911 on topic Trainer controller for Devo 12
So is it possible that any tx with a ppm output would work. Have a turnigy 9x and it has a ppm out I am pretty sure, it work with a simulator. Willing to try if it won't damage anything. Thanks

More
21 Sep 2013 21:52 #13970 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic Trainer controller for Devo 12

yellowbird911 wrote: So is it possible that any tx with a ppm output would work.

Hi
Yes, it will work.

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

More
07 Oct 2013 18:25 #14311 by yellowbird911
Replied by yellowbird911 on topic Trainer controller for Devo 12
Well it didn't work. With the factory software it doesn't but may with the Deviation software. Suppost to see a trainer symbol pop up when the trainer cord is connected but nothing shows up and the trainer switch does not do anything. Anybody have any ideas?

Daughter is getting ansy, may have to purchase another Devo transmitter.
Thanks

More
08 Oct 2013 03:26 - 08 Oct 2013 03:32 #14315 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Trainer controller for Devo 12
With original firmware you need first insert trainer cord, then power on Tx, linkage icon will be shown on main screen and trainer switch will control trainer function.

At Trainer screen (Function menu) you can assign the channels and see trainer switch status.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2013 03:32 by vlad_vy.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds