Devo 12s Upgrade Problems

More
26 Sep 2013 15:19 #14073 by gmcquet
Devo 12s Upgrade Problems was created by gmcquet
Hi guys,

minutes ago just tried to upgrade my Devo 12s with Deviation. I tried to use the latest nightly build. After I did the format USB drive part I rebooted and I got a screen saying "Warning Throttle Stick" . It stays on this screen permenantly and bleeps a warning tone. I can get it to boot up normally if I wiggle the right stick (aileron/elevator) eratically. Moving the throttle stick does nothing. If I do nothing, it stays on this screen forever and continues beeping.

Once I manage to bypass this screen, Im back to what looks like a clean walkera devo build. My models are gone. The touch screen is slow to react and is buggy, I have to be precise where I press on the screen. My throttle stick doesnt seem to work at all (the % values dont increase when i increase or decrease throttle)

I also notice the power amplifier menu now only does upto 20db instead of 100.

I tried to go back to the original firmware but it wouldnt let me. Cant remember what the error message was. I put a new library file on and then it let me upgrade to the walkera firmware. No change to the results.

I realise here Im probably going to need to be able to boot in USB mode. It wouldnt do that anymore before I tried to revert back and it still wont now. When I hold the ENT key down it just does the usual, gives me the throttle stick message and beeps at me.

What are the next steps to trying to get the TX back to the original setup? Any help guys? :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2013 15:58 - 26 Sep 2013 15:59 #14075 by Pattaya01
Replied by Pattaya01 on topic Devo 12s Upgrade Problems
Your first problem is easy, with deviation it starts up in mode 1, so the right stick is your throttle, not the left. All you need to do is pull back the right stick and after that, change the mode.

To get back to the original software, go to the Walkera website, download section, transmitters, devo12s and re-install the library and software and you got your old TX back. It's really quite easy.
Last edit: 26 Sep 2013 15:59 by Pattaya01.

More
26 Sep 2013 16:51 #14076 by gmcquet
Replied by gmcquet on topic Devo 12s Upgrade Problems
I gave it another go and managed to get deviation seemingly working with the nightly build (full screen for devo 12s)

However, the touch screen practically doesnt work and the buttons can only access some of the menu's. Seems like something went wrong or is corrupt.

I guess just try again right?

More
26 Sep 2013 17:28 - 26 Sep 2013 17:30 #14077 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Devo 12s Upgrade Problems
Use the buttons (Long press enter, then enter, then down, down, down,down)
That will get you to the screen calibration, use the stylus to touch the + marks and it will be calibrated correctly after that.

Once you have done that, you should calibrate your sticks as well.

Cheers

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 26 Sep 2013 17:30 by Hexperience.

More
27 Sep 2013 22:53 #14104 by gmcquet
Replied by gmcquet on topic Devo 12s Upgrade Problems
Ahhhh. ok now I have it working! Thanks guys :)

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds