Heli Talk.. Blade 300x w. 2618v-d

More
27 Sep 2013 00:10 #14081 by Hexperience
Heli Talk.. Blade 300x w. 2618v-d was created by Hexperience
Just some more random heli talk...

I put a 2618v-d into my Blade 300x because I'm using the ar7200 for something else.

You have to turn the RX upside down, with the antenna pointing to the nose.

It flies GREAT! I was only able to get some fast forward circuits in, but it was way more locked in than the ar7200 (for that size heli).

I was about to test how well it would hold the tail in some flips... Got half way through the flip and realized I had not looked at that config for some time... I never completely tested it the first time around with the 2618v-d in my 250... Didn't need to have negative thrust at the time.... :(

It fell about 10 feet right on the head. Only damage was 1 tooth on the main gear. That's it... even the servos held up...

Anyway, just wanted to let anyone know that has bought a 300x and used the ar7200 for other stuff that the 2618v-d works great!

Cheers!

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2013 18:03 #14177 by pulpfiction15
Replied by pulpfiction15 on topic Heli Talk.. Blade 300x w. 2618v-d
Hi Hexperience,

Did you find a manual for the RX2618-V, I have tried it on a 450 and I did not get it stable, at even low speed I get a wobble of the swashplate :sick: .
Without changing the heli mechanicaly, switching to a AR7200, it is stable !

Any settings that I could try out ?

Thanks.

More
02 Oct 2013 10:13 #14205 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Heli Talk.. Blade 300x w. 2618v-d
Turn the dial for aileron and/or elevator sensitivity counter clock wise until the wobble goes away.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
04 Oct 2013 01:15 #14226 by coastie1
Replied by coastie1 on topic Heli Talk.. Blade 300x w. 2618v-d
Hi Hexperience,
Im hoping you can help me out, i have been putting together a cx250 with a rx2618v-d using deviation 7e and i cant seem to get the gyro to work right on it. I have it mounted upsidedown with the antena facing fwd, but im not sure i have the servos correctly set up. Stick input appears to be correct, but when you pick up the heli and tilt it fwd and back, the gyro just adds pitch, and does not level swash. Side to side, the gyro works good and looks like it levels the swash. Is it possible to get some basic settings? or maybe its mounted in the wrong position? Thank you in advance and hopefully we can get this flying!

More
04 Oct 2013 04:17 #14229 by Hexperience
Try with the antenna pointing to the back. :)

More
09 Oct 2013 23:01 #14399 by coastie1
That was it, thanks! Also, the elev. Servo was mounted on the wrong side. Thanksfor the reply.

More
10 Oct 2013 00:13 #14400 by Hexperience
Ah, yes, the trex can mount on either side. I forgot about that.

I was able to fly the 300x a little more with the 2618v-d and I don't know what I did but some where along the line I must have changed something. The second time I flew it, the tail wasn't holding very well for me at all. In a tail in hover, it would actually just turn 90 degrees on its own. Of course when I tried to do a flip, the tail didn't hold at all and the flip almost looked like a piro-flip! ;)

No crash, I was up pretty high, but I have since put a micro beast on it just to play around. I will most likely try the 2618v-d again when I move the micro beast to one of my 500's.

Let me know how you find the 2618v-d. I'd like to figure out how to tweak it back in to shape.

Cheers

More
18 Nov 2013 01:49 #15664 by coastie1
Got it to fly the other day, more like just hover, and i noticed a few things. First is that the tail doesnt really hold too well. The moment i give it throttle/pitch up, the tail wants to spin on me. What should my throtle curve look like? Im using a 7e for now, hoping to upgrade to the 10 or 8s. The other thing is what is the bal. del. dial on the 2618 actually do compared to the sensitivity dials?

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds