DEVO7E Voltage regulator.

More
29 Sep 2013 13:10 #14135 by blackmoon
DEVO7E Voltage regulator. was created by blackmoon
Does anyone know where the voltage regulator on the devo7E is ?

And what are his specifications ?

I have a 7105 module installed, and I hear a buzzing sound since I installed it.

I plan to install if there is enough space two more modules (Skyartec and nRF24) whit a switch to chose from the last two.

The thing is I think the amperage from the voltage regulator won't be enough to power three modules lets not say the forth one...

As of now all the modules installed are powered constantly and are chosen by the correspondent pin select.

I think they are pumping juice even if they aren't selected, but I'm maybe wrong... and if I'm wrong my concerns above don't stand.

Anyone ?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2013 18:25 #14139 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic DEVO7E Voltage regulator.
The power consumed by the module which is just connected to power is not that large. The module which was activated consumes more, but even if it uses 200mW, it translates to 60mA, which should not be a big deal - screen backlight should use much more and you can't design your device without some reserve in power.

Buzzing sound is very strange - it could be early generation switch mode regulator and I always thought that Devo's only have linear regulators.

I don't have Devo 7E, only Devo 10 and Devo 7 - they seems to be made with linear regs.

More
29 Sep 2013 19:01 #14140 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic DEVO7E Voltage regulator.
thx for the explanation Victzh :D

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds